|Summary:||[PATCH]setSheetName(int, String, short) doesn't set name in DBCS|
|Component:||HSSF||Assignee:||POI Developers List <dev>|
|Attachments:||[PATCH] BoundSheetRecord modified to support sheetname in DBCS|
Description achen 2002-12-02 22:58:19 UTC
I used the method setSheetName(sheetNum,sheetName,HSSFWorkbook.ENCODING_UTF_16) from the class HSSFWorkbook to set a sheet name in Japanese. But when I opened the file, the sheet name showed gabbled string. The POI version I used is 1.8 dev 9/19/02.
Comment 1 achen 2002-12-02 23:03:30 UTC
Created attachment 4009 [details] [PATCH] BoundSheetRecord modified to support sheetname in DBCS
Comment 2 achen 2002-12-02 23:08:10 UTC
I just submitted a patch for the class BoundSheetRecord.java. Since I'm very new to CVS, the diff file was created using my local(downloaded) POI source against my changes. The diff text showed incorrect POI source version as 184.108.40.206. It should be 1.8 dev 09/19/02. The changes I made was tested working in a Japanese NT.
Comment 3 Andy Oliver 2003-07-24 13:57:02 UTC
Damn I wish [PATCH] had been in front, I am almost certain someone would have applied this. Though it would be REAL nice if there were a TestCase for it.
Comment 4 Glen Stampoultzis 2004-08-04 00:22:26 UTC
This code has completely changed now. I believe the original issue is fixed so I'm resolving this bug.