Bug 25235

Summary: The problem of the method "request.setCharacterEncoding"
Product: Tomcat 5 Reporter: agile <agilejava>
Component: CatalinaAssignee: Tomcat Developers Mailing List <dev>
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE    
Severity: normal    
Priority: P3    
Version: 5.0.16   
Target Milestone: ---   
Hardware: Other   
OS: other   

Description agile 2003-12-05 09:42:11 UTC
I'm from China,so I must use the character GB2312.

When I type the code on tomcat5:

request.setCharacterEncoding("gb2312");

It does not worked well,and the output is not Chinese character .

When I test the same code on tomcat4.12 today,it worked well,and the output is 
Chinese character.

I test these codes:

String user = request.getParameter("username");
String user2 = new String(user.getBytes("iso8859-1"));

on tomcat5,it workd well too.

Maybe this is not a bug,but request.setCharacterEncoding("gb2312") produced a 
different result,I think this is not up to snuff.

Thank you!
Comment 1 Remy Maucherat 2003-12-05 09:44:01 UTC
Don't file duplicates on purpose.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 25231 ***