|Summary:||ServletRequest.setCharacterEncoding() does not appear to work|
|Product:||Tomcat 5||Reporter:||Jess Holle <jessh>|
|Component:||Connector:Coyote||Assignee:||Tomcat Developers Mailing List <dev>|
Description Jess Holle 2003-12-31 21:38:36 UTC
We have pages that process non-ASCII characters in request parameter values just fine with Tomcat 4.1.24 by encoding the URL request string (this is a GET request) and then using ServletRequest.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8") when processing the resulting request. This is failing in Tomcat 5.0.16 -- all else being held equal. I've checked the bug database and see various issues with setCharacterEncoding () and interactions with request dump valves, Jasper log-levels, etc. I checked each one of these in my Tomcat 5 configuration and none of these are set. I have been poking around in the debugger and can't seem to find anything amiss (e.g. tell-tale use of parseRequestParameters() prior to use of setCharacterEncoding()), but I'm coming up empty thus far...