Bug 25235 - The problem of the method "request.setCharacterEncoding"
Summary: The problem of the method "request.setCharacterEncoding"
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 25231
Alias: None
Product: Tomcat 5
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Catalina (show other bugs)
Version: 5.0.16
Hardware: Other other
: P3 normal (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Tomcat Developers Mailing List
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2003-12-05 09:42 UTC by agile
Modified: 2004-11-16 19:05 UTC (History)
0 users



Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description agile 2003-12-05 09:42:11 UTC
I'm from China,so I must use the character GB2312.

When I type the code on tomcat5:

request.setCharacterEncoding("gb2312");

It does not worked well,and the output is not Chinese character .

When I test the same code on tomcat4.12 today,it worked well,and the output is 
Chinese character.

I test these codes:

String user = request.getParameter("username");
String user2 = new String(user.getBytes("iso8859-1"));

on tomcat5,it workd well too.

Maybe this is not a bug,but request.setCharacterEncoding("gb2312") produced a 
different result,I think this is not up to snuff.

Thank you!
Comment 1 Remy Maucherat 2003-12-05 09:44:01 UTC
Don't file duplicates on purpose.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 25231 ***