Bug 35143 - Copy and Paste in test plan results in duplicated, misplaced, elements
Summary: Copy and Paste in test plan results in duplicated, misplaced, elements
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: JMeter
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Main (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Other Linux
: P4 normal (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: JMeter issues mailing list
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2005-05-31 16:40 UTC by Chad La Joie
Modified: 2005-06-16 18:12 UTC (History)
0 users



Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Chad La Joie 2005-05-31 16:40:33 UTC
Env: JMeter - CVS HEAD
     JDK 1.5.0

If you copy a hierarchical component in a test plan and then paste it as a child 
of another component the entire hierarchy is pasted properly as a child, but
each child elements is also pasted at the same level as where the root is
pasted.  Here's an example.

Plan
 - Thread group 1
   - controller 1
     - sampler 1
       - post-processor 1
     - sampler 2

If you cut and pasted controller 1  you'd get the following
Plan
 - Thread group 1
   - controller 1
     - sampler 1
       - post-processor 1
     - sampler 2
   - controller 1
     - sampler 1
       - post-processor 1
     - sampler 2
   - sampler 1
   - post-processor 1
   - sampler 2

So, the descendants of controller 1 (sampler 1 & 2, and post-processor 1) get
duplicated and erronously placed at the same level as controller 1 and it's copy.
Comment 1 Sebb 2005-06-12 01:23:57 UTC
Works fine for me on WinXP with latest JMeter and Java 1.4 and 1.5.

But perhaps I'm not following the same sequence as you.

Please can you:
- attach the starting plan (before cut/copy/paste)
- attach the ending plan

Describe exactly the steps you took to reproduce the problem, for example:
- select controller 1
- right-click and select copy
- select thread group
- right-click and select paste
(which is what I did)
Comment 2 Chad La Joie 2005-06-13 14:38:21 UTC
Latest code from CVS does not seem to exhibit this problem.

For reference, the steps you outlined were the steps I used to cause the problem
previously.