Bug 38726 - GlobalRequestProcessor attributes are always 0
GlobalRequestProcessor attributes are always 0
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Product: Tomcat 5
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Connector:HTTP
5.5.14
Other other
: P2 normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Tomcat Developers Mailing List
:
: 37806 39486 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2006-02-20 23:11 UTC by Vlad Ilyushchenko
Modified: 2009-01-28 21:57 UTC (History)
3 users (show)



Attachments
GlobalRequestProcessor with zeroed attributes (119.69 KB, image/jpeg)
2006-02-21 02:07 UTC, Vlad Ilyushchenko
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Vlad Ilyushchenko 2006-02-20 23:11:43 UTC
Guys,

It appears that all attributes of
OName("Catalina:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=http-8080") are always 0. This
is the case for Tomcat 5.5.12, 5.5.14 and 5.5.15. It is always reproducible via
Manager webapp. Tomcat 5.0.30 does not have this problem.

Best regards,
Vlad
(www.tomcatprobe.org)
Comment 1 Remy Maucherat 2006-02-21 00:25:56 UTC
I go to: http://127.0.0.1:8080/manager/jmxproxy

And I have:
Name: Catalina:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=http-8080
modelerType: org.apache.coyote.RequestGroupInfo
requestCount: 15
maxTime: 311
bytesSent: 67419
processingTime: 1431
bytesReceived: 0
errorCount: 1

The status page also uses that MBean, and works fine. Please explain how to
reproduce the problem.

BTW, for the display name of your (nice) webapp, I think you should stick to
"Tomcat Probe", and forget the "(bye-bye Manager)" part.
Comment 2 Vlad Ilyushchenko 2006-02-21 02:07:41 UTC
Created attachment 17754 [details]
GlobalRequestProcessor with zeroed attributes
Comment 3 Vlad Ilyushchenko 2006-02-21 02:08:43 UTC
I sincerely apologise for "bye-bye.." part, no offence intended! I've taken it off.

I'm not sure what could have we done differently. 

WinXP, Tomcat 5.5.15 completely stock version. JDK 1.5.0_06, no additional
classpath. Startup log:

--------- BEGIN LOG -----------------

Feb 21, 2006 12:58:00 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycle
Event
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in produ
ction environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\java\jdk1.5.0_06\b
in;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\Far;D:\oracle\product\10.2.
0\client\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
Feb 21, 2006 12:58:00 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Feb 21, 2006 12:58:00 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 890 ms
Feb 21, 2006 12:58:00 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Feb 21, 2006 12:58:00 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.15
Feb 21, 2006 12:58:00 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled
Feb 21, 2006 12:58:01 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Feb 21, 2006 12:58:02 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Feb 21, 2006 12:58:02 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/31  config=null
Feb 21, 2006 12:58:02 AM org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
Feb 21, 2006 12:58:02 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 1938 ms
Error getting attribute Users:type=UserDatabase,database=UserDatabase encoding j
avax.management.ReflectionException: Cannot find getter method getEncoding
Error getting attribute Catalina:type=Resource,resourcetype=Global,class=org.apa
che.catalina.UserDatabase,name="UserDatabase" modelerType javax.management.Attri
buteNotFoundException: Cannot find attribute modelerType

---------- END LOG -----------------------


I tried http://127.0.0.1:8080/manager/jmxproxy and the screenshot is attached.
Apart from this Manager status page and my app show zeroes. (requestCount,
errorCount etc.)

Being paranoid that it could be me I also tried stock versions of Tomcat 5.5.12
and 5.5.14 - same problem. (more over on 5.5.12 querying MBeanServer for
OName("Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,*") returns empty set both for me and the
Manager)

Regards,
Vlad
Comment 4 Remy Maucherat 2006-02-21 12:32:47 UTC
Ah ok. This works fine with the APR connector, but does not work anymore with
the regular HTTP connector, because after a refactoring, the class was left with
duplicate fields.
Comment 5 william.barker 2006-03-27 01:25:33 UTC
*** Bug 37806 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 6 william.barker 2006-05-04 20:09:53 UTC
*** Bug 39486 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 7 Vlad Ilyushchenko 2006-09-27 22:46:03 UTC
Hi folks,

Sorry to reopen this bug but it seem to have resurfaced on Sun 1.5.0 update 8
with JMX management agent enabled.

To reproduce set "-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote" on java command line and
you're going to get (/manager/jmxproxy):

Name: Catalina:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=http-8080
modelerType: org.apache.coyote.RequestGroupInfo
requestCount: 0
maxTime: 0
bytesSent: 0
bytesReceived: 0
processingTime: 0
errorCount: 0

Regards,
Vlad
Comment 8 Kirk True 2008-12-08 16:56:08 UTC
I cannot reproduce the bug using versions...

    trunk  (pulled and built fresh)
    6.0.18 (current 6.x)
    5.5.27 (current 5.5.x)

...on Linux (Fedora 8).

If there's anything I'm missing, please let me know.

Thanks.
Comment 9 Kirk True 2009-01-28 21:57:49 UTC
Please reopen if you still see this and include the secret sauce I'm missing.

Thanks.