This Bugzilla instance is a read-only archive of historic NetBeans bug reports. To report a bug in NetBeans please follow the project's instructions for reporting issues.

Bug 146833

Summary: XSD rename appears to be case-insensitive
Product: xml Reporter: andyloh <andyloh>
Component: RefactoringAssignee: Sonali Kochar <sonali>
Severity: blocker CC: lativ, slunegov, sonali, sustaining
Priority: P2    
Version: 6.x   
Hardware: All   
OS: All   
Issue Type: DEFECT Exception Reporter:

Description andyloh 2008-09-10 18:42:52 UTC
Observed with GlassFishESB 9/9 build.  I has incorrectly entered the name of an XML Schema as "HelloXSLtIncoming" (note
the lowercase "t").  This caused problems when I entered the name correctly ("HelloXSLTIncoming") in the XSL file.  When
I tried to rename the XSD file to the correct name (with capital "T"), an error appeared stating "Error: New name should
be unique."  Since the code in the XSL is case-sensitive, I would expect to be able to rename the XSD using the proper
case for each letter.
Comment 1 Vitaly Bychkov 2008-09-11 10:56:06 UTC
This issue is reproducable in Netbeans 6.5 (Build 20080831125309) too.
Comment 2 Sergey Lunegov 2008-09-11 12:47:38 UTC
Sam, Sonali, would you please look at this ?
Comment 3 Sonali Kochar 2008-09-11 22:00:23 UTC
changeset 17bc44c4fb35 in main
Comment 4 Quality Engineering 2008-09-12 06:07:55 UTC
Integrated into 'main-golden', will be available in build *200809120201* on (upload may still be in progress)
Log: Fix for issue#146833 XSD rename appears to be case-insensitive
Comment 5 _ alexpetrov 2008-09-24 15:48:20 UTC
Verified on:
Product Version: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 080919)
Java: 1.6.0_03; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.6.0_03-b02
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86
Comment 7 andyloh 2008-10-07 01:49:44 UTC
Tested with NetBeans 6.1 patch 4 (2008-10-03_19-45-23) on Windows Vista.  When refactoring/renaming an XSD, I am now
able to change the case of the letters in the name without getting the error message that the name must be unique. 
However, I found a related problem in the new XML Schema wizard, where the name entered for a new XSD is still
case-insensitive (see issue 149304).