This Bugzilla instance is a read-only archive of historic NetBeans bug reports. To report a bug in NetBeans please follow the project's instructions for reporting issues.

Bug 255194

Summary: Exceptions on Startup
Product: platform Reporter: MackSix
Component: FilesystemsAssignee: Jaroslav Havlin <jhavlin>
Status: NEW ---    
Severity: normal CC: MackSix
Priority: P3    
Version: 8.1   
Hardware: PC   
OS: Windows 7   
See Also: https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=247356
Issue Type: DEFECT Exception Reporter:
Attachments: logfile
logfile

Description MackSix 2015-09-10 20:28:58 UTC
Created attachment 156072 [details]
logfile

I started NetBeans and got some exception, but the exception reporter went away and would not allow me to report it from there.

See attached logfile. 

Product Version: NetBeans IDE Dev (Build 201509100002)
Java: 1.8.0_60; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.60-b23
Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_60-b27
System: Windows 7 version 6.1 running on amd64; Cp1252; en_US (nb)
Comment 1 Jiri Kovalsky 2015-09-11 10:44:00 UTC
Reassigned for further evaluation.
Comment 2 MackSix 2015-09-14 18:33:47 UTC
Created attachment 156164 [details]
logfile

It occurred again. Here is another logfile that looks similar.
Comment 3 Jaroslav Havlin 2015-09-21 11:33:54 UTC
I'm sorry, I don't know what could be wrong.
Didn't you clean cache directory, or change some file permissions in AppData\Local\NetBeans?

There is a big block of � characters in the log. Didn't you experience any problems with encoding of some of files in your projects?

Thank you very much.
Comment 4 MackSix 2015-09-21 15:47:34 UTC
(In reply to Jaroslav Havlin from comment #3)
> I'm sorry, I don't know what could be wrong.
> Didn't you clean cache directory, or change some file permissions in
> AppData\Local\NetBeans?

No I didn't do any of that. 
 
> There is a big block of � characters in the log. Didn't you experience any
> problems with encoding of some of files in your projects?

No
 
> Thank you very much.

I think it might have something to do with the features-on-demand automatic deactivation of the PHP or C++ module, but I am not sure. I saw it once today after activating PHP in the Options dialog, but there was no � in the log file. 


I remember seeing this before and I did a search and found this bug 247356. Look at the message.log files attached to it and you see the � in them. I was getting this when the Tomcat shutdown and NetBeans startup was simultaneous.
Comment 5 MackSix 2015-09-21 15:49:37 UTC
(In reply to MackSix from comment #4)

> I remember seeing this before and I did a search and found this bug 247356.
> Look at the message.log files attached to it and you see the � in them. I
> was getting this when the Tomcat shutdown and NetBeans startup was
> simultaneous.

But when it happened today, I had no servers added and had none running. I did not even open a Java EE project.