This Bugzilla instance is a read-only archive of historic NetBeans bug reports. To report a bug in NetBeans please follow the project's instructions for reporting issues.

Bug 163544 - Move read-only properties to sub-group
Summary: Move read-only properties to sub-group
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: guibuilder
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Code (show other bugs)
Version: 6.x
Hardware: All All
: P3 blocker (vote)
Assignee: issues@guibuilder
: 163545 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Reported: 2009-04-24 05:50 UTC by brettryan
Modified: 2009-04-24 20:40 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Exception Reporter:

Reference implementation adding preference to hide read-only properties (11.32 KB, patch)
2009-04-24 20:34 UTC, brettryan
Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description brettryan 2009-04-24 05:50:28 UTC
Read-only properties like UIClassID or "Item Count" (JComboBox) should be grouped in a sub-group called "Read-Only", or
better yet not shown at all.
Comment 1 Jan Stola 2009-04-24 07:37:52 UTC
*** Issue 163545 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 2 Jan Stola 2009-04-24 07:46:48 UTC
The current implementation is as designed e.g. this issue is not a defect => changing to enhancement. In some future 
release we can consider hiding (or adding the possibility to hide) read-only properties. I personally don't like the 
creation of a special Read-Only group/category. IMHO it would make search for the properties more difficult.
Comment 3 brettryan 2009-04-24 07:55:07 UTC
No problems, an option to hide read-only properties would be perfect.

Sorry for the duplicate and I did actually select ENHANCEMENT, something funny happened and I got an error page asking
me to press the back button and check my values and resubit.
Comment 4 brettryan 2009-04-24 20:34:30 UTC
Created attachment 80884 [details]
Reference implementation adding preference to hide read-only properties
Comment 5 brettryan 2009-04-24 20:40:21 UTC
Attached patch is a suggested implementation, I apologize in advance if I've done anything bad/wrong here, this is the
first time I've ever looked at NetBeans source let alone touched the source code.

This implementation works as expected and includes a suggested implementation for #163539 [1].

[1] Translate camelCase property names in property sheet to Normal Case