This Bugzilla instance is a read-only archive of historic NetBeans bug reports. To report a bug in NetBeans please follow the project's instructions for reporting issues.

Bug 213279 - Problem when resolve dependencies
Summary: Problem when resolve dependencies
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 123464
Alias: None
Product: java
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Project (show other bugs)
Version: 7.2
Hardware: PC Windows XP
: P4 normal (vote)
Assignee: Tomas Zezula
Depends on:
Reported: 2012-05-31 08:02 UTC by ankor
Modified: 2012-06-04 09:46 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Exception Reporter:


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description ankor 2012-05-31 08:02:06 UTC

Comment 1 ankor 2012-05-31 08:12:35 UTC
After installation i opened a old project. In this project are libraries over the library-manager connected. A wizard told me, that i must resolve these dependencies, so i will do.
For resolving i must create a new Library named "JDateChooser". But i do wrong, i wrote "JDateChoose" for the library-name.
After i clicked "OK" the yellow dot says me, that i have make a mistake. I look and see my mistake, so i entered the lib-manger after clicking the resolve-button again, and change the name of the library. 
But this doesn´t resolve the problem. 
I only can resolve this by deleting the library and apply the lib with the correct name again.
The problem is, that the resolve-wizzard doesn´t realise, that the correct lib-name is entered.
Comment 2 Tomas Zezula 2012-06-04 09:46:09 UTC
In fact the resolve wizzard cannot realize it as the library with updated display name is not the same.
The library has 2 names: The display name which can be changed and can contain spaces and non ant characters. The ant name which represents the library in ant files. This name is assigned to library when it's created and cannot be changed. Making it changeable will brake existing projects using the library when you change it. It will cause more problems than benefit.

The solution is improve the resolve broken references to let you just point to jar(s), sources and javadoc and create correctly named library instead of letting you to manually do it.
There is a request to improve the broken reference support: issue #123464.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 123464 ***