This Bugzilla instance is a read-only archive of historic NetBeans bug reports. To report a bug in NetBeans please follow the project's instructions for reporting issues.

Bug 22679 - Italics/bold in display name of property sheet doesn't work
Summary: Italics/bold in display name of property sheet doesn't work
Alias: None
Product: platform
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Explorer (show other bugs)
Version: 3.x
Hardware: All All
: P3 blocker (vote)
Assignee: _ tboudreau
Depends on: 29466
  Show dependency tree
Reported: 2002-04-23 01:19 UTC by Rochelle Raccah
Modified: 2008-12-23 10:38 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Exception Reporter:

sample program (2.58 KB, text/plain)
2002-04-23 01:21 UTC, Rochelle Raccah

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Rochelle Raccah 2002-04-23 01:19:58 UTC
According to thread
and folowup discussion on nbdev, italics or bold
html tags for property sheet display names should
work.  Jesse asked that I file a bug with a small
test case.  I'll attach that next.
Comment 1 Rochelle Raccah 2002-04-23 01:21:12 UTC
Created attachment 5515 [details]
sample program
Comment 2 Jiri Rechtacek 2002-05-07 09:59:26 UTC
I looks like a enhancement. SheetButton which renders the property
names haven't supported html tags. I change it on enhancement for the
next release.
Rochelle increase a priority to yours view if needed. Thanks for a
test case too.
Comment 3 Rochelle Raccah 2002-05-07 17:06:15 UTC
No, I don't have a real requirement - I needed to use the tags in the
*value* and had to implement it myself =).  In discussion with Jesse
on nbdev, he said this was supposed to work and if it didn't I should
file a bug with a test case.
Comment 4 Marek Grummich 2002-07-22 11:25:09 UTC
Set target milestone to TBD
Comment 5 Marek Grummich 2002-07-22 11:27:50 UTC
Set target milestone to TBD
Comment 6 _ tboudreau 2002-12-11 00:22:35 UTC
Sorry, Rochelle - I do want to see your problem solved, but HTML
is not a good way to do it.  I propose an alternative here:
Comment 7 Rochelle Raccah 2002-12-11 00:25:53 UTC
Actually, I needed it in the value, not the name.  Jesse told me it
worked and if it didn't I should file a bug, so I did.  This issue
really talks about the bold/italics being possible, though.  Why don't
you keep it open to implement your nbdev proposal?
Comment 8 _ tboudreau 2002-12-11 01:02:56 UTC
Hadn't thought about doing that - but to keep the list manageable,
I'd just as soon list this as a requirement on the umbrella property
sheet rewrite task.
Comment 9 Rochelle Raccah 2002-12-11 01:04:28 UTC
Right.  I thought that was the point of listing other tasks/issues on
which the umbrella task dependends.  Should it contain its own items
or just pointers to other issues?
Comment 10 _ tboudreau 2002-12-11 01:30:13 UTC
Maybe my umbrella is upside down :-)  For that and the help/awt issues
one, I set the umbrella issue up to block the other requests - for
both those cases a single fix (rewrite of something major) is likely
to fix or invalidate the entire list of issues.  Did I get it backwards?
Comment 11 Rochelle Raccah 2002-12-11 02:05:56 UTC
I don't know =).  Ask David S. - he did a lot of these for property
sheets before.
Comment 12 Rochelle Raccah 2003-07-10 01:54:58 UTC
Should be added to Tim's umbrella (which is now right side up =)).
Comment 13 _ tboudreau 2003-07-11 07:53:26 UTC
This should work in the new property sheet, although I should note
that once the lightweight HTML renderer is in the trunk, the table
cell renderer should be converted to use it - JLabel-based 
renderers will go out and build a document tree for a trivial 
string, resulting in 10x slower performance.
Comment 14 _ tboudreau 2003-11-20 17:08:32 UTC
FYI, this is currently broken in the new property sheet, for the same
performance reason that it is broken in explorer.  Once the new
lightweight HTML renderer I wrote is integrated (currently it may be
as late as promotion D - Trung wants my time spent in other places),
it will work.
Comment 15 _ tboudreau 2004-05-03 14:51:13 UTC
Html renderer merged.