This Bugzilla instance is a read-only archive of historic NetBeans bug reports. To report a bug in NetBeans please follow the project's instructions for reporting issues.

Bug 255555 - Build fails, cache problem?
Summary: Build fails, cache problem?
Alias: None
Product: java
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Compiler (show other bugs)
Version: 8.0.2
Hardware: PC Windows 8
: P3 normal (vote)
Assignee: Dusan Balek
Depends on:
Reported: 2015-09-25 07:37 UTC by neumi5694
Modified: 2015-10-01 09:11 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Exception Reporter:

Netbeans IDE Log (51.95 KB, text/plain)
2015-10-01 09:01 UTC, neumi5694

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description neumi5694 2015-09-25 07:37:28 UTC
Product Version = NetBeans IDE 8.0.2 (Build 201411181905)
Operating System = Windows 8.1 version 6.3 running on amd64
Java; VM; Vendor = 1.8.0_60
Runtime = Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.60-b23

I am working on a project with 500 source files. Sometimes it happens, that after changing one class, suddenly all over the program different "class not found" or "method not found" errors appear, which have nothing to do with the class I am working on.
Then I have to rebuild the project in order to continue.
Two days ago I rebuilt the project, then changed something in a form. After that I didn't perform "clean & build", but just "build". After that, the jar file was corrupted and was missing some class files NOT related to that form.
Comment 1 Antonin Nebuzelsky 2015-09-25 10:18:12 UTC
Ant or Maven? JavaSE project or a different one? What is your project file structure? Can you reproduce with any sample project you could share? Any other details which would help reproduce the problem?
Comment 2 neumi5694 2015-09-25 13:30:57 UTC
I am using Ant with a JavaSE project, I am currently using 1.8.60, 32 Bit.

Couldn't say anything special about my project file structure, it's 2 main package branches splitting into lots of different ones.
For some time now I use many Enums with properties for GUI option choices, the labels come from a database.
External libraries are JadoZoom, Java3D, JNA, Wox, JavaDBF.

Since the error occurs randomly and these days I am used to clean & build every time I compile, I can't provide an example at the moment.
But if it occurs again, I'll see if I can send the log file.
Comment 3 neumi5694 2015-10-01 09:01:17 UTC
Created attachment 156473 [details]
Netbeans IDE Log
Comment 4 neumi5694 2015-10-01 09:05:15 UTC
The error just happened again.
I performed 2 changes:
1. I set a parameter for a method from -15 to -1
2. I inserted this:
        if (absUcsTop == null) {
            int a = 5;
for a debug breakpoint, then tried to run the program.

"Method not found" compile errors
"Implementation" errors

I attached the log file to this ticket.

Recompiling the whole project fixes the errors.
Comment 5 Jiri Kovalsky 2015-10-01 09:11:47 UTC
Reassigned for further evaluation.