This Bugzilla instance is a read-only archive of historic NetBeans bug reports. To report a bug in NetBeans please follow the project's instructions for reporting issues.

Bug 269658 - OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
Summary: OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: editor
Classification: Unclassified
Component: -- Other -- (show other bugs)
Version: 8.1
Hardware: All All
: P3 normal (vote)
Assignee: Milutin Kristofic
Depends on:
Reported: 2017-01-26 16:02 UTC by bobh1969
Modified: 2018-01-07 12:46 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Exception Reporter: 205260

stacktrace (2.79 KB, text/plain)
2017-01-26 16:03 UTC, bobh1969
stacktrace (2.57 KB, text/plain)
2018-01-07 12:46 UTC, TonyGirling

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description bobh1969 2017-01-26 16:02:58 UTC
Build: NetBeans IDE 8.1 (Build 201510222201)
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, 25.60-b23, Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment, 1.8.0_60-b27
OS: Windows 7

User Comments:
GUEST: Load very slow

GUEST: trying to rename the extjs4.2.1 library name using refactor context menu option

GUEST: changed the theme of the IDE

bobh1969: locked up attempting to copy and paste a file in a project.  Lost about 10 minutes of code changes!

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
   at org.openide.util.lookup.ProxyLookup$R.newResults(
   at org.openide.util.lookup.ProxyLookup$R.lookupChange(
   at org.openide.util.lookup.ProxyLookup.setData(
   at org.openide.util.lookup.ProxyLookup.lookup(
   at org.openide.util.lookup.ProxyLookup$R.initResults(
   at org.openide.util.lookup.ProxyLookup$R.myBeforeLookup(
Comment 1 bobh1969 2017-01-26 16:03:02 UTC
Created attachment 163477 [details]
Comment 2 TonyGirling 2018-01-07 12:46:50 UTC
Created attachment 165607 [details]

I had left NB running for a few days.  No debug running (though had been running previously).
Mac was sliggish so I opened Activity Monitor to find NB was using a lot of memory (1Gb+).
So I killed the process.  Stopping NB withn quit cpmmand didnt seem to work (or was not responsive).
Re-started only to find that after editing a small PHP project (only 2 php pages) found the editor was slugginsh again after only 1/2 hour.
Had to close NB again (didn't have to kipp process).
One thing that is a bit unusual is that I renamed the site root folder from users/.../ to user/.../www.iot.mslocal (due to Google grabbing .dev TLD).  Netbeans still showed in project pane. as I used the same proges file (cioed along with the site folder re-name.  NB project folder is local to the project files.