Apache OpenOffice (AOO) Bugzilla – Full Text Issue Listing
|Summary:||PDF Export: Link to www target with special character in domain name becomes link to file on local HDD|
|Component:||code||Assignee:||AOO issues mailing list <issues>|
|Status:||CONFIRMED ---||QA Contact:|
|Priority:||P3||CC:||issues, jes, rainerbielefeld_ooo_qa|
|Version:||3.3.0 or older (OOo)|
|Issue Type:||DEFECT||Latest Confirmation in:||4.2.0-dev|
Description bbyron 2010-03-08 19:42:18 UTC
I created the following document in OpenOffice Writer: https://www.yousendit.com/download/THE3aXRFdkcwZ214dnc9PQ This document includes multiple links to websites. The first link goes to: http://affiliate_landmine.s3.amazonaws.com/mp3/the_other_side_of_lisbuilding_wit h_russell_brunson.html I set up all links in this document the same and they all work when I ctrl+click. The problem comes when converting the document to PDF. I clicked File > Export as PDF > Export (leaving all PDF settings at default) to get this PDF: https://www.yousendit.com/download/THE3aXRHcWZGR0d4dnc9PQ All links remain the same except the first, which has been somehow changed to: file:///C:/Users/brent/Desktop/http://affiliate_landmine.s3.amazonaws.com/mp3/th e_other_side_of_lisbuilding_with_russell_brunson.html (the file location of the new PDF has been added to the beginning of the link). I have tried everything I can think of to get around this with no luck. I have also tried linking to other similar URLs, including: http://affiliate_landmine.s3.amazonaws.com/mp3/all.html and http://affiliate_landmine.s3.amazonaws.com/mp3/how_to_thrive_in_a_down_economy_w ith_russell_brunson.html These links have the same result of the added file location each time the OpenOffice document is converted to PDF. I want to emphasize that this change only occurs on the first link in my document. The others work fine after the file is converted to PDF. I have also tested these same links with other PDF writers and they all work perfect every time.
Comment 3 Rainer Bielefeld 2010-03-09 07:43:34 UTC
I can reproduce the efefct with "01OtherSideOfListbuilding.odt" and with "Ooo-Dev 3.3.0 multilingual version English UI WIN XP: [DEV300m73 (Build 9456)]"! I can not reproduce that with self created documents. When I copy the transparent image covering "Click here to play Audio Book" to an own document, the problem remains, although links in other images will work fine. @bbyron: Please provide a step by step instruction how to create such a defective link "from the scratch"; please also contribute information concerning all your relevant settings.
Comment 4 michael.ruess 2010-03-11 14:39:00 UTC
Reproducible with attached sample. The document path is added to the hyperlink on the graphic.
Comment 5 Rob Weir 2013-07-30 02:17:14 UTC
Reset assignee on issues not touched by assignee in more than 2000 days.
Comment 6 Joe Smith 2014-05-28 21:50:49 UTC
I'm not able to reproduce this testing with AOO 4.1 on Fedora Linux with a new document. With the attached test document, I see the same results as mentioned in comment 3 above. If I open the test document 01OtherSideOfListbuilding.odt and edit the link from the first page: Right-click > Picture > Hyperlink, erase the original URL and type in http://www.openoffice.org then export to pdf, I get a working link. If I go back and paste in the original URL http://affiliate_landmine.s3.amazonaws.com/mp3/the_other_side_of_lisbuilding_with_russell_brunson.html then export to pdf again, I get a broken link. For this link, the pdf contains the code <</Type/Action/S/URI/URI(./http:%2F%2Faffiliate_landmine.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fmp3%2Fthe_other_side_of_lisbuilding_with_russell_brunson.html)>> It seems that OO treats this is a local file link, so it modifies the link and quotes the /s. If I go back again and paste in this link address: http://affiliate-landmine.s3.amazonaws.com/mp3/the-other-side-of-lisbuilding-with-russell-brunson.html (all underscores changed to hyphens), then export to pdf, I get a correct link in the pdf. It seems that the presence of the underscores is causing the problem. Trying again with http://www.openoffice_test.org leads to this code in the pdf: <</Type/Action/S/URI/URI(./http:%2F%2Fwww.openoffice_test.org)>> So, one underscore is enough to cause the damage.
Comment 7 Rainer Bielefeld 2014-05-29 06:01:52 UTC
Created attachment 83480 [details] Test Kit Still Reproducible with "AOO 4.2.0-Dev – German UI / German locale [AOO420m1(Build:9800) - Rev. 1597166 2014-05-20 1]" on German WIN7 Home Premium (64bit)", “historic” 4. User Profile used for all predecessor versions In odf documents of attached simplified test kit you will find 3 Links: * Link 1 has an underscore in html document name: link in PDF export looks fine, leads to WWW * Link 2 has an underscore in domain name: link in PDF export is to local file, not to www :-( * Link 3 has underscore in domain name replaced by encoded blank: link in PDF export is to local file, not to www :-( All links to not existing targets, you can see in Tooltip whether it leads to local file or www
Comment 8 Rainer Bielefeld 2014-05-29 06:10:12 UTC
Additional Info: (a) As new test kit shows problem is not limited to Writer, same in Calc (b) Problem seems limited to special characters in domain name (c) additional to results of Comment 6: also other special characters in domain name can cause the problem (d) an additional test (not included in test kit) with underscore in path name (http://de.wikipedia.org/wi_ki/Canon_Pellix.html) showed that this does not cause a problem as the reported (e) Test shows that problem has nothing to do with graphic, also in text links
Comment 9 Rainer Bielefeld 2014-05-29 06:14:19 UTC
(f) Was still ok with OOo 2.0.2 (g) already broken in OOo 3.1.1