Apache OpenOffice (AOO) Bugzilla – Full Text Issue Listing
|Summary:||Run Query shows list totally filled with result of first row, when selecting from tables with an alias name|
|Status:||CLOSED FIXED||QA Contact:||issues@dba <issues>|
|Priority:||P3||CC:||issues, jhf.remmelzwaal, r4zoli|
|Target Milestone:||OOo 3.3|
|Issue Type:||DEFECT||Latest Confirmation in:||---|
|Issue Depends on:|
Description hboie 2010-08-20 22:38:20 UTC
I run OOO330m3 (Build: 9519) on Windows XP. I connect to a mysql database (mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a, for debian-linux-gnu (i486)). I create a simple query and when i run the query i get a list which is filled with the result of the first row (see attachment). When i save the query and run it with a double-click, i get the same result (see second attachment). When i right-click the query and copy it and paste it in a spreadsheet, i get the same (see thrid attachment). But if i right-click the query and copy it and paste it as a new table, i get the right result of the query (see forth attachment)
Comment 3 hboie 2010-08-20 22:41:00 UTC
Created attachment 71229 [details] Result of "Copy Query to Calc"
Comment 4 hboie 2010-08-20 22:41:40 UTC
Created attachment 71230 [details] Result "Copy Query to new table"
Comment 5 r4zoli 2010-08-21 08:43:58 UTC
It is a duplicate to issue 113631. Workaround, run query in direct SQL mode. *** This issue has been marked as a duplicate of 113631 ***
Comment 6 Frank Schönheit 2010-09-22 07:43:02 UTC
fs->hboie: If you have any chance, please check whether this issue is solved in the latest milestone build (OOO330.m8). I *suspect* it is not, since issue 113631 (which this one here is claimed to be a duplicate of) has been fixed in m7, but we got a similar bug report as this one here, applying to m7. So, to me this sounds as if this issue here might not be fixed in m7/m8, too.
Comment 7 Frank Schönheit 2010-09-22 07:54:32 UTC
Created attachment 71801 [details] document to reproduce the bug case
Comment 8 Frank Schönheit 2010-09-22 07:56:45 UTC
found the pattern: the table alias names are the culprit here, without them, the query works fine. The attached database contains a simple example to reproduce the issue.
Comment 9 Frank Schönheit 2010-09-22 07:58:24 UTC
the bad news is: the bug still happens in OOO330.m8, where issue 113631 is fixed. Conclusion: This one here is not duplicate. Reopening it.
Comment 10 Frank Schönheit 2010-09-22 07:59:57 UTC
*** Issue 114658 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 11 Frank Schönheit 2010-09-22 08:03:46 UTC
grabbing, will investigate as long as the main developer is not available, to see if I can fix this for 3.3.
Comment 12 Frank Schönheit 2010-09-22 09:12:41 UTC
works in OOo 3.2.1 => adding keyword "regression"
Comment 13 mdxonefour 2010-09-22 09:55:22 UTC
adjusting target to 3.3
Comment 14 Frank Schönheit 2010-09-22 10:08:15 UTC
fixed in CWS dba33j find more information about this CWS, like when it is available in the master builds, in EIS, the Environment Information System: http://eis.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/cws.ShowCWS?Path=DEV300/dba33j
Comment 15 Frank Schönheit 2010-09-23 08:35:01 UTC
fs->msc: please verify in CWS dba33j
Comment 16 marc.neumann 2010-09-27 09:55:24 UTC
verified in CWS dba33j find more information about this CWS, like when it is available in the master builds, in EIS, the Environment Information System: http://eis.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/cws.ShowCWS?Path=DEV300/dba33j
Comment 17 r4zoli 2010-10-15 12:15:48 UTC
Something not good, but I'm not sure. Open attached database. Open "first row data only" Run query with UI it gives same results in first two(first) and second(second) two record. If you run in "direct mode" gives different records. May be needs to reopen it.
Comment 18 r4zoli 2010-10-15 12:16:52 UTC
I forget to mention I tested in OOO330m10. add cc.
Comment 19 Frank Schönheit 2010-10-15 12:36:55 UTC
indeed, the values in the "sub" column are still wrong, though the values of the other columns are correct now ... re-opening
Comment 20 Frank Schönheit 2010-10-15 12:38:11 UTC
checked in CWS dba33j, where this bug was claimed to be fixed: The wrong data in the "sub" column was present there, too - something which slipped my both my and QA's attention :(
Comment 21 Frank Schönheit 2010-10-15 12:39:03 UTC
fs->oj: Could you please have a look at this remaining problem? You know the code (it's a problem of the newly introduced OptimisticSet) much better than /me
Comment 22 ocke.janssen 2010-10-18 11:42:30 UTC
Fixed in cws dba33k. The problem is that not all key column(s) of the S table are selected. Therefor refetching doesn't work. Now the query will return the correct result but isn't updateable until you insert the ID column of table S. This could also be a work a round for this issue.
Comment 23 ocke.janssen 2010-10-20 06:25:23 UTC
Please verify. Thanks.
Comment 24 marc.neumann 2010-10-20 07:56:36 UTC
verified in cws dba33k
Comment 25 hboie 2010-10-20 09:14:40 UTC
I tried with 3.3 rc1 and as far as i can see the bug is fixed
Comment 26 r4zoli 2010-10-22 17:30:49 UTC
Checked in OOo 3.3RC2 (OOO330m12), it is OK. Closing.