Apache OpenOffice (AOO) Bugzilla – Full Text Issue Listing
|Summary:||OOo 3.4.0 after upgrade from 3.2.0 can't read MS SQL Express Table Data|
|Component:||code||Assignee:||AOO issues mailing list <issues>|
|Status:||CONFIRMED ---||QA Contact:|
|Issue Type:||DEFECT||Latest Confirmation in:||---|
Description adh 2012-06-06 15:31:18 UTC
Created attachment 78071 [details] ODB File which worked under 3.2 but not under 3.4.0 after upgrading to 3.4.0 from 3.2 with Oo Base I can still acess the SQL-Express database on another system, see all tables also the relationships but when I open a table I see no data anymore. Perhaps relating to that .... if I wan't to create a new ODB-File for the Database and I select ADO as access method and on the next window push the "search" button when asked for the data source the MS-Window doesn't pop up any more where you could enter Server-IP, Database, username, .... Actual URL cretaed with 3.2 Base ist "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=PosBillSQL;Data Source=10.10.10.223\sqlexpress" It is a 64-bit windows7 system I'm working on ..
Comment 1 r4zoli 2012-06-06 19:12:41 UTC
Partially can confirm it, I have a test MSSQL under win7 32bit, without data, I can not check the bugreport first part. But in creation new odb file with ADO connection can not happen, because in second step, in database wizard, connection to existing databases and selected ADO connection, when I search for Data source the datasource windows can not open, I can not select the data source. It was worked in OOo 3.3, and in OOo 3.4beta, and not works in AOO 3.4, it is a regression.
Comment 2 r4zoli 2012-06-08 06:05:52 UTC
I looked around in my test files, and found the working version with AOO 3.4. The connection string: Provider=SQLNCLI10.1;Integrated Security="";Persist Security Info=False;User ID=openoffice;Initial Catalog=openoffice;Data Source=LAPTOP3\ENYEM;Initial File Name="";Server SPN="" Try to change the connection strings, under Edit>Database.
Comment 3 adh 2012-06-08 10:15:13 UTC
Thanks a lot - with 3.2 the SQLOLEDB Provider worked - with 3.4.0 not I installed the SQLNCLI native client (for Express 2005 the Provider is called SQLNCLI.1) and works immediately ! Remains the ADO Window Problem ... (In reply to comment #2) > I looked around in my test files, and found the working version with AOO 3.4. > The connection string: > Provider=SQLNCLI10.1;Integrated Security="";Persist Security Info=False;User > ID=openoffice;Initial Catalog=openoffice;Data Source=LAPTOP3\ENYEM;Initial > File Name="";Server SPN="" > > Try to change the connection strings, under Edit>Database.