Issue 120805

Summary: [From Symphony] As a user, I want to see Chart Data cache can be imported correctly from .pptx file
Product: Impress Reporter: Tang Meng <tmyl2010>
Component: open-importAssignee: AOO issues mailing list <issues>
Status: CONFIRMED --- QA Contact:
Severity: Normal    
Priority: P3 CC: arielch, bo.tian, phoenix.wanglf
Version: 4.0.0-dev   
Target Milestone: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: All   
Issue Type: FEATURE Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---
Attachments:
Description Flags
pptx_chart
none
patch
none
test case
none
test case2 none

Description Tang Meng 2012-09-04 08:06:06 UTC
The data source been saved in pptx file package as a separate file in xlsx format or binary format, and zipped with pptx file together. But there is data cache saved with chart description in chart.xml.
After this part of implementation, the chart could be imported and will show the same with originally in MS Office. For the basic scenario, the pptx chart can be imported correctly in Aoo, but maybe can't support some chart styles or types.
Comment 1 Tang Meng 2012-09-05 08:16:32 UTC
Created attachment 79296 [details]
pptx_chart

About this part of implementation.
Detail is in the attachment.
Comment 2 Li Feng Wang 2012-09-07 01:56:18 UTC
Confirm to need support pptx chart data.
Comment 3 Tang Meng 2012-09-28 06:13:25 UTC
Created attachment 79672 [details]
patch

patch for this defect.
wiki:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Pptx_chart
Comment 4 Bo.Tian 2012-10-08 02:16:55 UTC
Created attachment 79742 [details]
test case
Comment 5 Bo.Tian 2012-10-08 02:25:02 UTC
@Tang Meng
good news to me.
but there is a problem of the fix.
See the attachment test case.Some data was lost.
You may get some inspiration for my fix of the similar issue 115820.
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=115820
waiting for your perfect fix
Comment 6 Ariel Constenla-Haile 2012-10-08 02:45:45 UTC
(In reply to comment #5)
> You may get some inspiration for my fix of the similar issue 115820.

besides code efforts duplication, this bug looks then like a duplicated of bug 115820
Comment 7 Tang Meng 2012-10-08 07:15:01 UTC
For stock type chart, this is correct.
If you change chart type to other type, you can see the lost data.
(In reply to comment #5)
> @Tang Meng
good news to me.
but there is a problem of the fix.
See the
> attachment test case.Some data was lost.
You may get some inspiration for my
> fix of the similar issue 115820.
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=115820
waiting for your
> perfect fix
Comment 8 Tang Meng 2012-10-08 07:17:55 UTC
I will upload this patch to bug 115820. 
(In reply to comment #6)
> (In reply to comment #5)
> You may get some inspiration for my fix of the
> similar issue 115820.

besides code efforts duplication, this bug looks then
> like a duplicated of bug 115820
Comment 9 Bo.Tian 2012-10-08 08:41:49 UTC
Created attachment 79745 [details]
test case2
Comment 10 Bo.Tian 2012-10-08 08:50:40 UTC
(In reply to comment #7)
> For stock type chart, this is correct.
> If you change chart type to other type, you can see the lost data.

not only the data,but also the shape is incomplete of the stock type.
there is still work to do if you want to support the stock type.

Besides,there is another problem of this fix.See test case2.
When date using as category,the x-axis should be continuously.
In test case2 ,there should be a 2007-5-1 between 2007-4-1 and 2007-6-1.
Using the true value to paint the chart before format it as date may be a good way.

Hope we can put our result together to make AOO better to use.
Comment 11 Tang Meng 2012-10-09 02:44:57 UTC
In case1, the shape is incomplete because of chart drawing. If you make a xlsx file with stock chart, the result is the same to this case.
In case2, 2007-5-1 isn't in chart.xml, so is can't display. Our core function can't support this case. If you make a xlsx file with this chart, the result is the same to this case.
These two cases aren't in filter scope. They are in core funtion scope. We may open two new defect to solve these issues.

(In reply to comment #10)
> (In reply to comment #7)
> For stock type chart, this is correct.
> If you
> change chart type to other type, you can see the lost data.

not only the
> data,but also the shape is incomplete of the stock type.
there is still work
> to do if you want to support the stock type.

Besides,there is another
> problem of this fix.See test case2.
When date using as category,the x-axis
> should be continuously.
In test case2 ,there should be a 2007-5-1 between
> 2007-4-1 and 2007-6-1.
Using the true value to paint the chart before format
> it as date may be a good way.

Hope we can put our result together to make
> AOO better to use.