Issue 122133

Summary: Position and orientation of shapes scrambled
Product: Draw Reporter: Rainer Bielefeld <rainerbielefeld_ooo_qa>
Component: save-exportAssignee: AOO issues mailing list <issues>
Status: RESOLVED FIXED QA Contact:
Severity: Normal    
Priority: P3 CC: arielch, issues, jdaniel.alvaro
Version: 4.0.0-devKeywords: regression
Target Milestone: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: Windows 7   
Issue Type: DEFECT Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---
Attachments:
Description Flags
Sample Document none

Description Rainer Bielefeld 2013-04-22 12:34:37 UTC
Created attachment 80574 [details]
Sample Document

Steps how to reproduce with attahced smaple document "server installation of "AOoo 4.0.0 – English UI [AOO400m1(Build:9700) - Rev. 1457992 - Rev.1457606]" on WIN7 Home Premium (64bit)"

1. Open attached Sample document what has been Created with LibreOffice 
2. Simply save with new name
3. Close
4. Reopen
   Expected: looks like in step 1 (war decoration)
   Actual: totally scrambled, only triangle first triangle 1 with corner to the
           top at correct place and in correct orientation, all other triangles
           shown wrongly.

Of course that might look like a Compatibility problem, but the problem also appears in a document created with AOOo4.
Is not related to ODF version for save.
Comment 1 Rainer Bielefeld 2013-04-22 13:41:26 UTC
Regression, this problem did not exist for AOOo 3.4.1
Comment 2 DanielAlvaro 2013-04-23 00:57:46 UTC
Hello,

I reproduced your problem but I didn't found any problem.

Maybe this problem was solved. 


Regards.
Comment 3 DanielAlvaro 2013-04-23 00:59:53 UTC
(In reply to comment #0)
> Created attachment 80574 [details]
> Sample Document
> 
> Steps how to reproduce with attahced smaple document "server installation of
> "AOoo 4.0.0 – English UI [AOO400m1(Build:9700) - Rev. 1457992 -
> Rev.1457606]" on WIN7 Home Premium (64bit)"
> 
> 1. Open attached Sample document what has been Created with LibreOffice 
> 2. Simply save with new name
> 3. Close
> 4. Reopen
>    Expected: looks like in step 1 (war decoration)
>    Actual: totally scrambled, only triangle first triangle 1 with corner to
> the
>            top at correct place and in correct orientation, all other
> triangles
>            shown wrongly.
> 
> Of course that might look like a Compatibility problem, but the problem also
> appears in a document created with AOOo4.
> Is not related to ODF version for save.


The version of AOO 4.0 is in testing, it's not stable yet. you need to use the version 3.4.1 http://www.openoffice.org/download/
Comment 4 Ariel Constenla-Haile 2013-04-23 02:40:51 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
> Hello,
> 
> I reproduced your problem but I didn't found any problem.
> 
> Maybe this problem was solved. 

If the status of the bug was UNCONFIRMED, and you cannot reproduce it, do not
change it to RESOLVED FIXED.
Resolving a bug as FIXED means:
a) the bug was confirmed
b) a developer fixed the bug

neither (a) nor (b) happened in this case.

Resetting bug to previous status.
Comment 5 Ariel Constenla-Haile 2013-04-23 02:42:26 UTC
(In reply to comment #3)
> (In reply to comment #0)
> > Created attachment 80574 [details]
> > Sample Document
> > 
> > Steps how to reproduce with attahced smaple document "server installation of
> > "AOoo 4.0.0 – English UI [AOO400m1(Build:9700) - Rev. 1457992 -
> > Rev.1457606]" on WIN7 Home Premium (64bit)"
> > 
> > 1. Open attached Sample document what has been Created with LibreOffice 
> > 2. Simply save with new name
> > 3. Close
> > 4. Reopen
> >    Expected: looks like in step 1 (war decoration)
> >    Actual: totally scrambled, only triangle first triangle 1 with corner to
> > the
> >            top at correct place and in correct orientation, all other
> > triangles
> >            shown wrongly.
> > 
> > Of course that might look like a Compatibility problem, but the problem also
> > appears in a document created with AOOo4.
> > Is not related to ODF version for save.
> 
> 
> The version of AOO 4.0 is in testing, it's not stable yet. you need to use
> the version 3.4.1 http://www.openoffice.org/download/

No, he doesn't.
The point of testing A00 4.0.0 is finding regressions.
Comment 6 Rainer Bielefeld 2013-04-26 11:40:35 UTC
I did a test with attached test kit, new own sample document due to original report and also some "real life work", all with server installation of  "AOOo 4.0.0-Dev – English UI / German locale [AOO400m1(Build:9700) - Rev.1476029]" on WIN7 Home Premium (64bit)", common user profile for all AOOo 4-Dev.

To be sure that I did not make a mistake I repeated my test with  Rev. 1457992
Rev.1457606, still reproducible.

So it seems we have a real fix here, thanks a lot!