Apache OpenOffice (AOO) Bugzilla – Full Text Issue Listing
|Summary:||Sometimes not all records are displayed in a query on a LDAP server|
|Product:||Base||Reporter:||Frank Schönheit <frank.schoenheit>|
|Component:||code||Assignee:||AOO issues mailing list <issues>|
|Status:||CLOSED DUPLICATE||QA Contact:|
|Priority:||P3||CC:||issues, oooforum, openoffice|
|Issue Type:||DEFECT||Latest Confirmation in:||---|
|Issue Depends on:|
Description Frank Schönheit 2003-07-30 10:25:16 UTC
Moving this issue from the Sun-internal bug tracking system to IssueZilla. Original description: 1. create a new ldap datasource host = ldap1.central.sun.com Base DN = dc=sun;dc=com port = 400 2. open a new querydesign 3. add the table to the design 4. add the fields firstname and lastname 5. as criterion for the field lastname insert like 'schwanz' 6. execute the query ==>> there should be 2 entries found, but sometimes there are only one or none. Maybe you have to execute the query sometimes. [JM] : will investigate this. But my first question is why are you using port 400 and not port 389? [JM] I took a look at this and yes, I can re-create the issue where it only returns 1 of the entries but never none. I would be grateful if you clarify this for me. But I must also state that Mozilla displays the exact same behaviour. I must admit that I can re-create this in Mozilla using the Advanced Search. But it is very intermitent and I can only re-create it if I continuously run the same search repeatedly. I would estimate that only one entry is returned in 5% of the searches. This is the same behaviour in SO but it appears to happen at more frequency in SO. I was not able to produce this on an LDAP Server that is located on our local network here either in SO or Mozilla. I have checked Mozilla bugs and do not see any issues related to this. I will do some more investigation. [JM]: I have created a bug in Mozilla for this: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=139793 JM: I can confirm that this still happens intermittently using srx643d i.e. following the integration of mozilla 1.0
Comment 1 Frank Schönheit 2003-07-30 10:25:57 UTC
adding dependency to tracking issue
Comment 2 Frank Schönheit 2003-07-30 10:30:43 UTC
Comment 3 Frank Schönheit 2003-07-30 10:40:43 UTC
forgot: Original id: 98899
Comment 4 Frank Schönheit 2003-12-05 14:19:19 UTC
Comment 5 dblackia 2003-12-11 17:39:46 UTC
We're hitting this too, with OOo 1.1.0 on Linux and Windows XP, against OpenLDAP 2.1.22 (Linux). I'll see a missing record about 1 out of 2 or 3 times, where 5 records should be returned and only 4 show. Trying another query then shifting back will trigger it, as will a simple refresh on the query page. My openldap query log shows 5 entries returned to the client each time, but sometimes OO.o displays only four of them.
Comment 6 hans_werner67 2004-02-02 12:13:25 UTC
change subcomponent to 'none'
Comment 7 wind.li 2004-02-10 06:17:47 UTC
Migrate to a new account for security reasons.
Comment 8 thorsten.ziehm 2004-08-19 15:46:57 UTC
Because of limited resource for OOo2.0, it was decided to shift this tasks to the next milestone. If somebody will be found, who can implement this until OOo2.0, then this tasks will be re-targeted.
Comment 9 wind.li 2005-03-23 08:59:42 UTC
Comment 10 Marcus 2017-05-20 10:47:40 UTC
Reset assigne to the default "email@example.com".