Issue 21575

Summary: Merged cells make Writer set wrong row parameters for some of adjacent cells on export to .doc
Product: Writer Reporter: temcat <temcat>
Component: codeAssignee: AOO issues mailing list <issues>
Status: CONFIRMED --- QA Contact:
Severity: Trivial    
Priority: P3 CC: issues
Version: OOo 1.1Keywords: oooqa
Target Milestone: ---   
Hardware: PC   
OS: All   
Issue Type: DEFECT Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---
Description Flags
A .doc file with a table created
The document with several cells merged saved as .sxw
Previous document exported to .doc format with wrong cell parameters
file after merged, cell height is not same none

Description temcat 2003-10-22 17:47:49 UTC
1. Create a new text document in Writer.
2. Insert a table with, say, 5 rows and two columns. The "Row -> Height..."
dialog window for all cells will have the "Fit to size" checkbox set.
3. Merge rows 1-4 in the first column:
 ______ _____
|      |_____|
|      |_____|
|      |_____|
At this point, the "Row -> Height..." dialog window will look the same as above
for all cells.
4. Save the document as .doc file.
5. Close the file and open it again in Writer.
6. Selecting "Row -> Height..." for any of the cells marked with "x" will show
that "Fit to size" checkbox is NOT set. Besides that, the height value in the
cells marked with "x" will not be equal to the height set for the "y" cell.
 ______ _____
|      |__x__|
|      |__x__|
|      |__x__|
Comment 1 utomo99 2003-10-23 08:38:49 UTC
Please Attach the documents which make this problem, so we can test
it/faster to confirm.  
(Without the documents, we cannot confirm the problem easily/need more
Don't forget to cut other part of the documents, so the file size is
small, but we still able to see the problem. 

so we can save tep 1-4. thanks
Comment 2 jack.warchold 2003-11-10 15:50:11 UTC
reassigend to jw

as utomo allready said, please attach a document the error occurs in, 
it would be much easier to reproduce the issue, if we have a document 
the error occurs on. so that we can be shure that all we did was right
Comment 3 temcat 2003-11-10 16:39:39 UTC
Here's the files with the test case. I changed the procedure slightly
for better demonstration:

1) Create new document, insert a table with 5 rows and two columns,
save as table_created.doc.

2) Reopen table_created.doc, merge first four rows in column 1, save
the file as cells_merged.sxw. Reopen cells_merged.sxw, cell parameters
will be OK everywhere.

3) Save cells_merged.sxw as cells_merged.doc. Reopen cells_merged.doc,
 observe wrong cell parameters for cells marked "x". 

Comment 4 temcat 2003-11-10 16:42:02 UTC
Created attachment 11114 [details]
A .doc file with a table created
Comment 5 temcat 2003-11-10 16:43:44 UTC
Created attachment 11115 [details]
The document with several cells merged saved as .sxw
Comment 6 temcat 2003-11-10 16:45:03 UTC
Created attachment 11116 [details]
Previous document exported to .doc format with wrong cell parameters
Comment 7 utomo99 2003-11-12 07:11:59 UTC
I can confirm for X and Y cell is not same cell height. on OOo 1.1.
This must be same.
for other please create another issue
Comment 8 utomo99 2003-11-12 07:13:50 UTC
Created attachment 11182 [details]
file after merged, cell height is not same
Comment 9 jack.warchold 2003-11-13 09:52:24 UTC
reassigend to mru

not tested by my self but with confirmation of utomo 
set target to OOo2.0
set OS to all
Comment 10 michael.ruess 2004-07-27 10:48:30 UTC
MRU->MM: when exporting a complex table (like described) to WW8 format, the row
height recieves fixed values.
Comment 11 martin_maher 2005-04-13 17:09:41 UTC
mmaher->flr: Yours I think
Comment 12 Rob Weir 2013-07-30 02:42:46 UTC
Reset assignee on issues not touched by assignee in more than 1000 days.