Issue 24656

Summary: Trying to save a loaded Word97 document in OOo format and the aplication crashes.
Product: Writer Reporter: capstone737 <brad>
Component: codeAssignee: AOO issues mailing list <issues>
Status: CONFIRMED --- QA Contact:
Severity: Trivial    
Priority: P3 CC: issues
Version: OOo 1.1.1a   
Target Milestone: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: Windows 2000   
Issue Type: DEFECT Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---
Attachments:
Description Flags
The document in question. none

Description capstone737 2004-01-22 01:43:40 UTC
I have found a document on our system that was created in Word97. I can load it
OK in OOo v1.1.1a but as soon as I try to save it in OOo format, OOo crashes.

I have tried OOo v1.1 on Linux and v1.1.1a on Win2K and it is the same, ie OOo
still crashes. The document opens and saves OK in Word97.

I will attach a copy of the document to this report.
Comment 1 capstone737 2004-01-22 01:46:34 UTC
Created attachment 12634 [details]
The document in question.
Comment 2 h.ilter 2004-01-22 15:10:55 UTC
Reassigned to MRU
Comment 3 michael.ruess 2004-01-22 16:02:32 UTC
MRU->MIB: open attached file, save as .sxw -> crash
Comment 4 michael.brauer 2004-03-17 13:36:42 UTC
An " com::sun::star::xml::sax::SAXInvalidCharacterException" is throw with the
following stack:

sax_expatwrap::SAXWriter::characters()  + 0x217	C++
cript_get()  + 0xa289	
SfxScriptLibraryContainer::writeLibraryElement()  + 0x223	C++
SfxLibraryContainer_Impl::implStoreLibrary()  + 0x57a	C++
SfxLibraryContainer_Impl::storeLibraries_Impl()  + 0xa40	C++
SfxLibraryContainer_Impl::storeLibrariesToStorage()  + 0x7b	C++
SfxScriptLibraryContainer::storeLibrariesToStorage()  + 0x70	C++
SfxObjectShell::SaveAsOwnFormat()  + 0xb8	C++
SfxObjectShell::SaveTo_Impl()  + 0x21b	C++

The source of this exception is an illegal character contained in the basic code
- after removing the orifinal basic code, the document can be saved.  Because of
this, I suggest to retarget the issue to OOo 2.0
Comment 5 thorsten.ziehm 2004-03-18 10:59:00 UTC
Because of limited resources for OOo1.1.2 we decided to set this task to target
OOo2.0.
This isn't a general problem with Word97 documents and macros. This document is
special and out of this reason it is justifiable to re-target the bug.
Comment 6 Daniel Boelzle [:dbo] 2004-03-22 09:37:42 UTC
accepting.
Comment 7 Daniel Boelzle [:dbo] 2004-05-10 13:14:16 UTC
fixed.
Comment 8 Daniel Boelzle [:dbo] 2004-05-10 15:07:27 UTC
Investigating this bug, it seems to us (AB and me) that the .doc import filter
has imported non-Unicode characters, thus it ought to repair/ignore/warn about
such characters when loading the document, so the user is informed about the
corrupted document. The basic library export as well as the sax writer rely on
valid XML.
Comment 9 Daniel Boelzle [:dbo] 2004-05-10 16:00:59 UTC
as agreed to you, Martin.
Comment 10 andreas.martens 2004-06-16 17:01:52 UTC
Because of a shortage of resources we're not able to promise to fix this issue
for OOo 2.0
Comment 11 martin_maher 2005-04-13 17:10:12 UTC
mmaher->flr: Yours I think
Comment 12 Mathias_Bauer 2006-08-30 14:34:36 UTC
.
Comment 13 Mathias_Bauer 2006-08-30 15:30:11 UTC
assigning to hbrinkm
Comment 14 Marcus 2017-05-20 11:24:52 UTC
Reset assigne to the default "issues@openoffice.apache.org".
Comment 15 Marcus 2017-05-20 11:25:58 UTC
Reset assigne to the default "issues@openoffice.apache.org".