Apache OpenOffice (AOO) Bugzilla – Full Text Issue Listing
|Summary:||DDE links in embedded OLE - CALC- Table in WRITER document will not be refreshed correctly|
|Product:||Writer||Reporter:||Rainer Bielefeld <rainerbielefeld_ooo_qa>|
|Component:||code||Assignee:||AOO issues mailing list <issues>|
|Status:||CONFIRMED ---||QA Contact:|
|Issue Type:||DEFECT||Latest Confirmation in:||---|
Description Rainer Bielefeld 2004-03-09 19:00:39 UTC
This bug has been found by Peter Sties in [de-users] I checked with 1.1.0 Geeman version WIN XP: 645m19(Build8693) and was able to reproduce his problems. Steps to reproduce: 0. Download "testkit" and unzip 1. open "tabelle.sxc" 2. change one cell 3. close "tabelle.sxc" 4. open "text.sxw", anwer with yes always WRITER document will be opened, also "tabelle.sxc" expected: changes in cell "tabelle.sxc" should be visible in both versions of the linked embedded table actual: changes are only visible in the first table, directly inserted per "DDE" into the text document to refresh the content of the embedded OLE table with DDE-link for the table content, you have to open Menu "Edit - Links". You will read that the link is not available, but you can refresh manually without problem It seems to be an OLE problem. I also attached "tabelle2.sxc". There the refresh of the DDE links to "tabelle.sxc" also works without problem. Rainer
Comment 1 Rainer Bielefeld 2004-03-09 19:01:24 UTC
NEW due to results in [de-users] DDE-VerknÃ¼pfung zwischen Writer und Calc Rainer
Comment 2 Rainer Bielefeld 2004-03-09 19:04:26 UTC
Created attachment 13673 [details] Documents required to reproduce the problem
Comment 3 jdc843 2004-04-19 20:08:10 UTC
This problem also happens using OOo_1.1.1_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz. Problem is also in OOo_1.1.0 Create a spreadsheet. Punch in some numbers and SUM them. Save spreadsheet. Leave this window open. Create a writer(.sxw) file. Drag-n-drop the cell containing the SUM function onto the writer file.(that's tricky to do on only 1 cell). Save the writer file. In the spreadsheet window, alter the cell containing the SUM function by inserting a line above it and typing in a number. Insure that the cell actually changes value. Save spreadsheet to disk. Reload the writer file. No change is seen ! DBL-clicking the OLE object in the writer file and typing something also doesn't change the cell contents in the spreadsheet. Rainerbielefeld, it'd take you maybe 2-4 minutes to do the above. It'd take me about 15-20 minutes to reboot to my other partition, then create & transfer the files so that they can be uploaded here. But if you really need them and can't recreate the bug, just holler.
Comment 4 jack.warchold 2004-06-10 13:47:39 UTC
confirmed on OOo 680_m41 the table inserted as ole is not a link to the spreadsheet, OOo is not able to link ole objects it embedded a copy of the spreadsheet in writer. the workarround is the dde link that rainer created or inserting the spreadsheet as floating frame. it exists a small possibility that linking ole objects will be implemented in OOo2.0. setting target to OOo later: this might be change after an internal review by the developer reassigned to mav
Comment 6 fper 2005-03-23 09:06:07 UTC
New attachment : double-click on the tab and the result is "error activating object : general OLE error". I've got many example of this. Some works well in OOo 1.1.4, and others only works in 2.0b m87. This example works well in OOo 1.1.4 but not in 2.0b.
Comment 7 mikhail.voytenko 2005-03-24 13:04:49 UTC
mav->rainerbielefeld: It is possible now to insert a linked object in OOo2.0b. But in the drag and drop scenario that is described here a new standalone embedded object is created based on dropped data. To insert a link please use "Insert/Object/OLE object...", select "create from file", provide the file name and mark the checkbox "Link to file". In result an embedded link refering to the file will be created ( if the file is available and has an acceptable format ). Sending the bug back to you for closing. Please send it back in case you disagree. mav->flo51: The second attachment is not really related to linked objects that are discussed in this issue. Anyway, the provided file can not be successfuly loaded in OOo1.1.4 just because it is in OASIS format, this format is supported starting from OOo2.0. When the file is loaded in OOo2.0 the embedded object can not be activated because it is broken. Looks like this file was imported from MS .doc document with embedded OOo object. This object might be created by a version of OOo that has a bug inside. As far as I remember there were number of fixes in this area, so if you know a scenario to generate such a broken object please submit a standalone bug to me.