Issue 58596

Summary: Replace command in spell check does not update immediately
Product: Writer Reporter: jkerich <jkerich>
Component: editingAssignee: AOO issues mailing list <issues>
Status: CONFIRMED --- QA Contact:
Severity: Trivial    
Priority: P3 CC: issues, lars_o_hansen
Version: OOo 1.0.0Keywords: oooqa
Target Milestone: ---   
Hardware: PC   
OS: All   
Issue Type: DEFECT Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---
Attachments:
Description Flags
MS 2003 word doc with spelling errors none

Description jkerich 2005-11-28 22:16:55 UTC
I am running on a DELL PC with Redhat 4.0 with the newest updates.  I started up
the spell checker (Tools->Spellcheck->check) on a MS word document and it finds
a spelling error.  I select the correct spelling and press the "Replace" button
and spell check moves on the the next spelling error, but the misspelled word is
unchanged in the document!  This also happens if I change the spelling in the
word entry field and press "Replace" button.  I was unable to find any bug
report on this problem.
Comment 1 lars 2005-12-04 15:36:18 UTC
could you attach the document in question and give a step-by-step description 
of how to reproduce the problem?
Comment 2 jkerich 2005-12-05 13:04:23 UTC
Created attachment 32061 [details]
MS 2003 word doc with spelling errors
Comment 3 jkerich 2005-12-05 13:16:23 UTC
Start up the word editor and browse to the "Test doc.doc" and open the file.  
Select Tools->Spellcheck->check and find the first spelling error.  Either 
type in the correct spelling or select the correct spelling.  Presss the 
replace button.  The spell checker moves to the next spelling error but the 
miss spelled word you just replace is not replace.  This also happens if I 
start from scratch with new document in the editor without loading a file.  
Type in some miss spell words and then start up the spell checker.  Select 
correct spelling and press replace button.  etc. The only other tool I used so 
far is gedit and it's spell checker works ok.  This problem is happening to 
all our users in the lab.  Could this be a Red Hat 4 problem?
Comment 4 lars 2005-12-05 17:32:01 UTC
I can partly reproduce the problem (OOo 2.0.1 RC2  Windows XP Pro SP2): open 
the attached doc, make sure you have an english language dictionary installed, 
start spellcheck, for the first misspelled word, select test from the list of 
suggestions; if you click 'change', the word is not immediately replaced; only 
after you change the second misspelled word (not the number) via 'change', the 
first word is replaced.
Comment 5 michael.ruess 2005-12-06 12:05:43 UTC
Reassigned to SBA.
Comment 6 jack.warchold 2005-12-22 15:54:50 UTC
confirmed on scr680_m142
but this is just a minor error
set target OOo later
reassigened to OS
Comment 7 longcalcunog 2010-10-23 15:41:14 UTC
Created attachment 72636
Comment 8 Marcus 2017-05-20 11:19:31 UTC
Reset assigne to the default "issues@openoffice.apache.org".