Issue 78955

Summary: Creation of superfluous indices by change tracking / highlighting
Product: Writer Reporter: svante.schubert
Component: editingAssignee: AOO issues mailing list <issues>
Status: CONFIRMED --- QA Contact:
Severity: Trivial    
Priority: P2 CC: issues
Version: 680m215   
Target Milestone: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: Windows Server 2003   
Issue Type: DEFECT Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---
Description Flags
Dokument with change tracking
Bug document shows root cause none

Description svante.schubert 2007-06-27 17:27:49 UTC
Load the attached test document, search for the word "must" from the line
"All implementations must preserve any xml:id attribute and its value when
present on any of the elements listed in 1.4.3.."

Replacing it with shall and saving the document brought the office into a loop.
Comment 1 svante.schubert 2007-06-27 17:29:01 UTC
Created attachment 46320 [details]
Dokument with change tracking
Comment 2 svante.schubert 2007-06-27 18:14:29 UTC
On the same day earlier I did a search and replace with highlighting of a part
of an indexed field. I removed the brackets around 
e.g. changed <odf:package> to odf:package
I can found thousands text:alphabetical-index-mark-start/end elements
surrounding these brackets, mainly the closing one.
Comment 3 Mathias_Bauer 2007-12-04 11:57:04 UTC
loop -> P2
Comment 4 andreas.martens 2007-12-11 14:09:43 UTC
Created attachment 50232 [details]
Bug document shows root cause
Comment 5 andreas.martens 2007-12-11 14:18:24 UTC
I could _not_ reproduce a loop, but it takes quiet a while until the document
has been saved.
The original document contains a lot of unnecessary 'alphabetical entries' in
the change tracking part of the content.xml.
Every saving adds more such entries into the content.xml and make the saving
more slower (until it feels like a loop). I was able to reproduce this behavior
from the beginning with the newly attached bug document.
Every save and reload will add more entries to the document:
1. Open document
2. Update index
3. Save docuemnt
4. Reload document
5. Proceed with 2.

You will see that the entries becomes more and more.
This problem has been in OOo1.x from the beginning and need to be fixed...