Issue 87836

Summary: list field after update 2.4 does not work - approved
Product: Base Reporter: lamron99 <lamron99>
Component: codeAssignee: marc.neumann
Status: CLOSED FIXED QA Contact: issues@dba <issues>
Severity: Trivial    
Priority: P2 CC: issues
Version: OOo 2.4.0Keywords: regression
Target Milestone: OOo 2.4.1   
Hardware: PC   
OS: Windows XP   
Issue Type: DEFECT Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---
Issue Depends on:    
Issue Blocks: 88258    
Attachments:
Description Flags
show create table File
none
Screenshot Example after update 2.4
none
Database file with formular none

Description lamron99 2008-04-03 20:34:10 UTC
I am using an writer document as a frontend for a mysql database.
There is one main table for the document and different other tables related to
the main table.
In the document I am using the related tables to fill list fields.
Since several versions of OO it worked witout any problem.
Now, after the update to 2.4 these list fields are empty.
Only when I click on it, I can see all the entries.
I re-installed Version 2.3.1 and everything is ok.
Best regards
Jurgen
Comment 1 Frank Schönheit 2008-04-07 14:06:55 UTC
any chance of providing a sample document to reproduce this, perhaps with the
result of a "SHOW CREATE TABLE <table_name>", which allows to reproduce the
structure of the involved table(s).
Comment 2 Frank Schönheit 2008-04-08 09:48:37 UTC
If there weren't the sentence "Only when I click on it, I can see all the
entries" in the bug description, I would assume it is the same problem as issue
88034 ...
Comment 3 lamron99 2008-04-08 20:09:02 UTC
Created attachment 52663 [details]
show create table File
Comment 4 lamron99 2008-04-08 20:10:04 UTC
Created attachment 52664 [details]
Screenshot Example after update 2.4
Comment 5 lamron99 2008-04-08 20:11:02 UTC
Created attachment 52665 [details]
Database file with formular
Comment 6 Frank Schönheit 2008-04-08 21:04:04 UTC
could reproduce with the given sample database/document, after adding some data.

effectively, for an existent (not a newly entered) record, the list boxes
display an empty string, instead of the string which they should take from their
underlying list.

Targeting to 2.4.1 (though note the target still needs to be approved by other
authorities).
Comment 7 Frank Schönheit 2008-04-08 21:59:57 UTC
This was a speciality with how MySQL treated numeric columns ... There was an
optimization in OOo 2.4 that for filling the list boxes list, we now ask the
database directly, instead of letting the data pass a number of high-level
layers which do some normalization.
Now, one of those normalizations was that when we asked for the string value of
a numeric column, which contained for instance the number 10, then we got "10".
With the optimization, we asked the MySQL driver directly, which returns
"000010" in this case - which simply killed our program logic ...

Fixed in CWS dba241b.
Comment 8 Frank Schönheit 2008-04-08 22:06:55 UTC
correcting priority
(http://www.openoffice.org/scdocs/ddIssues_EnterModify.html#priority)
Comment 9 marc.neumann 2008-04-23 10:15:15 UTC
verified in CWS dba241b

find more information about this CWS, like when it is available in the master
builds, in EIS, the Environment Information System:
http://eis.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/cws.ShowCWS?Path=OOH680%2Fdba241b
Comment 10 marc.neumann 2008-04-23 10:18:54 UTC
reassign to msc
Comment 11 uwe.luebbers 2008-04-28 11:59:24 UTC
added "approved" to the title, because it will be easier to work with the 2.4.1 meta issue 
during release status meetings.
Comment 12 uwe.luebbers 2008-04-28 12:00:22 UTC
added "approved" to the title, because it will be easier to work with the 2.4.1 meta issue 
during release status meetings.
Comment 13 marc.neumann 2008-04-28 12:31:54 UTC
FYI: an automatic test case for this issue will be written
Comment 14 thorsten.ziehm 2009-07-20 14:52:21 UTC
This issue is closed automatically and wasn't rechecked in a current version of
OOo. The fixed issue should be integrated in OOo since more than half a year. If
you think this issue isn't fixed in a current version (OOo 3.1), please reopen
it and change the field 'Target Milestone' accordingly.

If you want to download a current version of OOo =>
http://download.openoffice.org/index.html
If you want to know more about the handling of fixed/verified issues =>
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Handle_fixed_verified_issues