Issue 93724

Summary: Excel document with macros fails to run as expected
Product: Calc Reporter: btn21 <bjorn.nostvold>
Component: codeAssignee: AOO issues mailing list <issues>
Status: CONFIRMED --- QA Contact:
Severity: Trivial    
Priority: P5 (lowest) CC: elish, issues, mechtilde
Version: OOo 3.2Keywords: oooqa
Target Milestone: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: All   
Issue Type: DEFECT Latest Confirmation in: 4.1.0-dev
Developer Difficulty: ---
Attachments:
Description Flags
Affected Excel spreadsheet none

Description btn21 2008-09-10 15:38:47 UTC
I have a excel document with macros that fails to run as expected. This is a
prioritization matrix made by IBM for ING Americas.

Two known problems:
* There are two sections with radio buttons, if we select one of the radio
buttons in either of the sections, the other section will be cleared. Both
sections needs to have one choice selected for the matrix to work.
* Less trivial, but some of the text is not placed within the lines.

The document is confirmed to be working with Excel 2002 and 2003.
The document is confirmed NOT to work with OpenOffice.Org 2.4.1 and 3.0 build
OOO300m5 (English version)
I am using Windows XP SP2, English version

I'm not a programmer or a frequent user of Excel, so I can't really tell you
where it's failing. But I'll try to upload the file so you can take a look at it.
Comment 1 btn21 2008-09-10 15:40:18 UTC
Created attachment 56389 [details]
Affected Excel spreadsheet
Comment 2 Mechtilde 2010-02-27 11:10:22 UTC
The macro language in Excel is VBA

The macro language in OpenOffice.org is esp. StarBasic.

These are different Basic dialects.
So for me it works as designed

Did you try it already with version 3.2.

We are working on some more compatibility
Comment 3 btn21 2010-05-18 01:12:29 UTC
Sorry for the late response. I tested with 3.2 and I do see that some areas of
the macro in this spreadsheet works better than before, but it still doesn't
produce a result.

I do understand that we're talking about two different types macro languages,
which means this bug is probably an enhancement than a defect, so I changed the
bug accordingly as well as lowering the severity to a P5. I also updated the
version to reflect the issue persists on OOo 3.2.
Comment 4 Edwin Sharp 2014-01-08 09:00:14 UTC
Read-Error.
Internal import error.
when opening attachment 56389 [details]

AOO410m1(Build:9750)  -  Rev. 1555399
2014-01-06_04:13:46 - Rev. 1555657
Debian