Apache OpenOffice (AOO) Bugzilla – Full Text Issue Listing
|Summary:||Viewing HTML source corrupting Arabic text in the source file|
|Component:||viewing||Assignee:||AOO issues mailing list <issues>|
|Status:||CONFIRMED ---||QA Contact:|
|Version:||OOo 3.0||Keywords:||needmoreinfo, oooqa|
|Issue Type:||DEFECT||Latest Confirmation in:||---|
Description shagrouni 2008-10-20 17:44:17 UTC
Viewing HTML source corrupting Arabic text in the source file, if the file is read only a Write Error message raised. Arabic HTML files never seen correctly if they are created outside OpenOffice See #95141 (Language = UTF-8)
Comment 1 michael.ruess 2008-10-20 18:16:19 UTC
Reassigned to ES.
Comment 2 eric.savary 2008-10-20 19:27:15 UTC
If this is the same problem as issue 95141, please close this issue and reopen the other one. Else I need a sample of a file "created outside" of OpenOffice.org. Please note: because of a lack of resources, the HTML project is stalled and bugs won't be fixed unless they are huge regressions.
Comment 3 shagrouni 2008-10-21 10:28:06 UTC
Created attachment 57348 [details] Sample HTML file created by other tool
Comment 4 shagrouni 2008-10-21 10:29:47 UTC
Created attachment 57349 [details] Same sample HTML file after viewing the source with OO.
Comment 5 shagrouni 2008-10-21 10:30:49 UTC
When OpenOffice open HTML file OO should not alter the source file (edit and save) until a change has been made and user explicitly ask to save the change. My situation here is when ever I opened HTML file to view it under OpenOffice the Arabic text is altered and I cloud never bring it back to original. As for issue 95141, the problem was fixed (for files created with OO) when I changed the character set to UTF-8 in HTML Compatibility in Options.
Comment 6 eric.savary 2008-10-21 11:32:59 UTC
@AMA: even if the encoding is set to UTF-8 in OOo options, the arabic text of the sample document doesn't show correctly when opened.