Apache OpenOffice (AOO) Bugzilla – Full Text Issue Listing
|Summary:||Cell text mangled in print/PDF|
|Component:||formatting||Assignee:||AOO issues mailing list <issues>|
|Status:||CONFIRMED ---||QA Contact:|
|Priority:||P3||CC:||hdu, issues, mechtilde, niklas.nebel, ooo, raal, stefan.weigel|
|Issue Type:||DEFECT||Latest Confirmation in:||---|
|Issue Depends on:||94387|
|Issue Blocks:||81636, 85342, 102231, 102293, 107388, 107600|
Description tab 2008-11-20 16:47:57 UTC
Open BadPDF.ods; display OK Try preview, or export as PDF: text is mangled/mixed between cells in rows 2, 3
Comment 3 raal 2009-10-14 22:25:44 UTC
Tested with version 3.1.1. The issue is not reproducible. Preview and PDF export is correct. tab, please try in actual version.
Comment 5 tab 2009-10-15 03:46:25 UTC
Defect is still there (overlapping lines) in pdf file created under OO3.1.1 OOO310m19 (build 9420)
Comment 6 raal 2009-10-15 07:55:45 UTC
tab, form me works as expected in OOO310m19(build:9420), Czech version. Works as expected in OOO320m1(build:9428), English version. I can export to pdf without overlap lines.
Comment 7 raal 2009-10-15 07:56:39 UTC
Created attachment 65377 [details] export to PDF in 3.1.1CZ, 320m1EN
Comment 8 tab 2009-10-16 22:39:53 UTC
raal: That's weird. No defect in your PDF version. I tried on another computer, different manufacturer: same defect! in print preview and in pdf. I use Reader 8.1.2.
Comment 9 raal 2009-10-19 06:56:06 UTC
tab, realy weird. I tested on another computer and I can reproduce bad export. I can confirm issue within version 3.1.1, WinXP !
Comment 10 Stefan Weigel 2010-01-16 15:31:09 UTC
There are different fonts used in the ODF (first attachment) document and the PDF output (second attachment). The ODF uses "Times New Roman", whereas the PDF shows "Times New Roman PS MT"
Comment 11 Mechtilde 2010-01-16 15:42:14 UTC
I can confirm it Issue 107600 and issue 94387 show similar effects. It seems to be a font / font rendering problem in preview and export to PDF look also at the attachments at 107600
Comment 12 Mechtilde 2010-02-13 11:34:40 UTC
please have a look sweigel described a posible reason for this effect. There are some more issues describing effects which seems to have the same reason. http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Calc/CellWrapping Esp. for business applications this behaviour is a big problem I create a wiki page which collect this problem
Comment 13 Mechtilde 2010-06-11 19:58:41 UTC
please check it with DEV300_m81 or newer
Comment 14 Mechtilde 2010-06-24 16:52:33 UTC
I set it to worksforme with version DEVm80 and later If you find a similar problem please open a new issues with an exact description how to reproduce the problem.
Comment 15 raal 2010-06-24 20:02:08 UTC
mechtilde, still reproducible on ubuntu 9.10, DEV300m83. Preview and pdf export- mangled lines.
Comment 17 Mechtilde 2010-06-25 09:27:48 UTC
do you activate "Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org Calc-> General -> Use print Metric"? Then create a new PDF
Comment 18 raal 2010-06-25 09:59:33 UTC
When using print metric - export to PDF is correct.
Comment 19 firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-06-25 12:31:11 UTC
Confirming on OSX too (in OOo321 and Dev300).
Comment 20 email@example.com 2010-06-25 12:33:37 UTC
Created attachment 70219 [details] 3lines in view <=> 4lines for pdf
Comment 21 firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-06-25 12:46:52 UTC
The problem is that the line breaks for the view and the PDF-export differ. When different reference devices are used for them this is not surprising. The point of having ONE reference device is that it allows view-/scale-/device-independent and consistent layouts. AFAIK calc's view currently always uses printer-dependent layout. The best solution would be to respect UsePrinterMetrics setting also for the view, which is disabled by default.
Comment 22 Mechtilde 2010-06-25 12:59:39 UTC
I think it is important to discuss these behaviours in only one (this) issue. But i think we can close all other issues then as worksforme again or as duplicate of this issues because of the same behaviour. Yes if you activate the using of the print metric then it works.