Issue 101469 - Formula object at top of document after save/load
Summary: Formula object at top of document after save/load
Alias: None
Product: Writer
Classification: Application
Component: editing (show other issues)
Version: OOo 3.0.1
Hardware: Unknown All
: P3 Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Reported: 2009-05-01 10:49 UTC by triplemaya
Modified: 2017-05-20 11:15 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---

Problem document as requested (199.76 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2009-05-04 19:02 UTC, triplemaya
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description triplemaya 2009-05-01 10:49:59 UTC
I have four formulae inserted into my document. Every time I close the document
and reopen it all four formulae are at the top of the document in a row, instead
of where they are meant to be, inserted in the text.

Originally I was using sxw, and after a few saves, I got the jumping formula
problem. Then I switched to odt format, and the problem went away. Then, a few
weeks later, it came back!?

I have just switched to ooo3, and I was hugely hoping this problem would be
solved, but no. Still have the problem.

Having 'played about' with it some more, this doc crashes ooo the moment I
select insert formula.

This is definitely to do with the ( long, complex, and heavily formatted )
document I'm using. On a new document inserting the same formula I don't get the

I'm running gnome under Ubuntu. Just upgraded from 8.10 to 9.04, problem present
on both installs.

Document has no images or any other special characteristics other than using
footnotes on several pages.

I can insert anything else, chart, OLE, plugin, no problem.

it's OOO300m15 build 9379 but it has been present on previous versions as stated
Comment 1 michael.ruess 2009-05-04 08:31:19 UTC
The build OOO300m15 is the official OOO 3.0.1 version,. thus I changed the
"Version" for this issue accordingly.

Could you please attach the document to this issue so that we can reproduce the
problem here. With our test files, the described scenario works well - it seems
o be something special to your document structure.
Comment 2 triplemaya 2009-05-04 19:02:40 UTC
Created attachment 61986 [details]
Problem document as requested
Comment 3 michael.ruess 2009-05-05 08:56:33 UTC
MRU->OD: take the attached document, cut the object at the top of the document
an paste somewhere in the middle of the document. save and reload -> object is
now located at the top of the document.
Comment 4 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann 2009-05-08 15:46:54 UTC
First investigation reveals the following:
- The style "Formula" contains unexpected anchor-type value "to-page".
- The document also contains 3 to-page anchored object, which are not visible,
because the its anchor page is specified to be page 0.

The ODF import needs to be adjusted to handle such valid style attributes.

To correct the style "Formula" perform the following steps:
- open the document
- open the Stylist
- select the object
- in the Stylist select the style "Formula"
- perform function "Update Style" in the Stylist - be found in the upper right.
Comment 5 Marcus 2017-05-20 11:15:19 UTC
Reset assigne to the default "".