Issue 102149 - % values not shown in serial letter
Summary: % values not shown in serial letter
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE of issue 20680
Alias: None
Product: Writer
Classification: Application
Component: viewing (show other issues)
Version: OOo 3.1
Hardware: PC All
: P3 Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: marc.neumann
QA Contact: issues@sw
Depends on:
Reported: 2009-05-22 16:05 UTC by cniehaus
Modified: 2009-09-22 20:46 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---

This is the "database" to reproduce the bug (9.81 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet)
2009-05-22 19:15 UTC, cniehaus
no flags Details
the origin odt-file from which I produced the "result" file (8.33 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2009-05-22 19:16 UTC, cniehaus
no flags Details
This is the result with the bug (9.07 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2009-05-22 19:16 UTC, cniehaus
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description cniehaus 2009-05-22 16:05:42 UTC
I am using a OOCalc file that displays % values (for example 34.6%).

Then I create a serial letter and one of the imported values is a percent value.
In OOWriter I see 0.346 which is the correct value but the wrong format.

I think that Writer should use the same format when importing values.
Comment 1 Rainer Bielefeld 2009-05-22 18:47:17 UTC
I checked with "Ooo 3.1.0 WIN XP multilingual version German UI activated 
[OOO310m11 (Build 9399)]" and my standard address-database / letter template; I
can NOT confirm the reported effect.

Pls. contribute a test kit and a step by step instruction
Comment 2 cniehaus 2009-05-22 18:51:10 UTC
The file from bug 102147 is the result (you see the wrong value there).

The spreadsheet itself contains confidential data, I will try to reproduce with
uncritical data.

Or is the file already enough?
Comment 3 cniehaus 2009-05-22 19:15:15 UTC
Created attachment 62451 [details]
This is the "database" to reproduce the bug
Comment 4 cniehaus 2009-05-22 19:16:21 UTC
Created attachment 62452 [details]
the origin odt-file from which I produced the "result" file
Comment 5 cniehaus 2009-05-22 19:16:58 UTC
Created attachment 62453 [details]
This is the result with the bug
Comment 6 cniehaus 2009-05-22 19:22:06 UTC

I am able to reproduce this with the attached ods-file.

Open a new odt-file, start the serial letter assitent (Serienbrief-Assistent).

Of course the data doesn't make much sense, I simply pretended as if the adress
would be the three fields in the ods-file (I took Bundesland, Stadt, Vorname,
Name, Adresszeile 2).

Then you can already see the issue in the preview. There you can read:

Bar Foo

which means that the percentvalues are already misformated (I hope that is an
english word, I mean "falsch formatiert").

Then just click on "Continue" a couple of times and you will get a document with
misformated fields.

Are you able to reproduce this?
Comment 7 eric.savary 2009-05-24 20:49:30 UTC
I don't think we have here a Writer problem but a Calc/database import problem.
Import and register the ods as new database and all the values are 0,XX and not XX%.

Having a deeper look at it, the % column in Calc only contents numbers
*formatted* as % but the internal numbers are below 0 or near decimal.
So I don't think it's even a defect but an INVALID. The internal values only can
be imported. The formats are irrelevant.

@MSC: Please have a look.
Comment 8 marc.neumann 2009-08-14 09:01:42 UTC
Yes, the problem is that the spreadsheet driver only read the values and not the

This is a duplicate to a stoneold defect in the spreadsheet driver.

*** This issue has been marked as a duplicate of 20680 ***
Comment 9 Mechtilde 2009-09-22 20:46:09 UTC
duplicate -> closed