Issue 111003 - i18npool: make convertUnxByteStringToLanguage aware of glibc modifiers
Summary: i18npool: make convertUnxByteStringToLanguage aware of glibc modifiers
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Internationalization
Classification: Code
Component: i18npool (show other issues)
Version: DEV300m76
Hardware: All Linux, all
: P3 Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: stefan.baltzer
QA Contact: issues@l10n
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2010-04-20 09:38 UTC by caolanm
Modified: 2013-08-07 15:02 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: PATCH
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---


Attachments
like so (3.26 KB, patch)
2010-04-20 09:39 UTC, caolanm
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description caolanm 2010-04-20 09:38:47 UTC
i.e. 

export LANG=sr_RS.UTF-8@latin
launch writer, default language will be Serbian Cyrillic, not Serbian Latin
which would be the preferred one.

Attached patch adds support for the supported glibc modifiers that OOo has
matching entries for.
Comment 1 caolanm 2010-04-20 09:39:57 UTC
Created attachment 68998 [details]
like so
Comment 2 ooo 2010-04-20 12:00:39 UTC
Nice one, thanks.
Comment 3 erack 2010-05-03 23:58:38 UTC
In cws locales33a:

changeset 432562e5b15b
http://hg.services.openoffice.org/cws/locales33a/changeset/432562e5b15b
M i18npool/source/isolang/isolang.cxx

You can observe the progress and possible integration date of CWS locales33a at
http://tools.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/cws.ShowCWS?Path=DEV300%2Flocales33a
Comment 4 ooo 2010-06-11 12:14:57 UTC
Reassigning to QA for verification.
Comment 5 stefan.baltzer 2010-06-15 09:21:59 UTC
Verified in CWS locales33a.
Comment 6 grakic 2010-07-28 00:47:27 UTC
I tested this in OOO330m1 (CWS:ooo330l10n) with installed sh language pack. 
Before the test I removed my ~/.openoffice.org directory.

$ export LANG=sr_RS@latin
$ locale
LANG=sr_RS@latin
LANGUAGE=sr_RS:sr
LC_CTYPE="sr_RS@latin"
LC_NUMERIC="sr_RS@latin"
LC_TIME="sr_RS@latin"
LC_COLLATE="sr_RS@latin"
LC_MONETARY="sr_RS@latin"
LC_MESSAGES="sr_RS@latin"
LC_PAPER="sr_RS@latin"
LC_NAME="sr_RS@latin"
LC_ADDRESS="sr_RS@latin"
LC_TELEPHONE="sr_RS@latin"
LC_MEASUREMENT="sr_RS@latin"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="sr_RS@latin"
LC_ALL=

After I start soffice and go to Tools > Preferences > Language Settings > 
Languages I can see that Serbian Latin is selected as default Locale setting and 
Default document language, which is good.

But default user interface stays at English even Serbian Latin is available in 
the list box:

1) Default - English (USA) [selected]
2) English (USA)
3) Serbian Latin (Serbia)

If I select third option and restart OpenOffice.org after returning to the 
preferences dialog (now presented in Serbian Latin) list entries are as follows:

1) English (USA)
2) Default - Serbian Latin (SRB)
3) Serbian Latin (SRB)

and the third one is selected as expected, but I wonder why Serbian Latin is now 
default and not before. If I now select second option and restart OpenOffice.org 
I can see clearly there is some bug as I get English UI and list box content is 
like in the first example.
Comment 7 Joost Andrae 2010-07-28 14:09:46 UTC
ja->goranrakic: please file a new issue for the UI language configuration switch
and assign it to 'er' (Eike Rathke) and add 'pl' (Philipp Lohmann) to CC list.
Comment 8 grakic 2010-07-28 14:34:00 UTC
Filed as Issue 113496 Thanks.
Comment 9 stefan.baltzer 2010-11-05 17:16:10 UTC
OK in OOO330_m13. Closed.