Issue 113027 - Chinese charecters appear on pdf. files
Chinese charecters appear on pdf. files
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Product: Impress
Classification: Application
Component: formatting
OOo 3.2.1
PC Windows Vista
: P3 trivial (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: AOO issues mailing list
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2010-07-08 07:28 UTC by saltydog2000
Modified: 2013-01-29 22:01 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation on: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---


Attachments
Templates of resume and business cards (82.55 KB, patch)
2011-10-04 16:17 UTC, Weisi Ding
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description saltydog2000 2010-07-08 07:28:55 UTC
I downloaded several resume and business card templates from the Open Office
website and made my resume.  After exporting it as a pdf file I emailed it to
myself as an attached file to see how it would look to a potential employer and
when I clicked 'view' to see it on Google docs the document had a row of Chinese
characters in the tab and on the top of the page, above 'print' and 'view as
HTML'. Doing the same with the other downloaded templates got the same result
but with different charecters.  When I typed a page from 'Text Document' that is
a part of the original OO suite the title on the Google doc tab was in English.
This is quite disconcerting.  The suite linked directly to the OO site with the
templates.
Comment 1 Weisi Ding 2011-10-04 16:17:36 UTC
Created attachment 76861 [details]
Templates of resume and business cards

I downloaded some templates of resume and business cards from openoffice.org. I used them in the follow-up tests.
Comment 2 Weisi Ding 2011-10-04 16:20:58 UTC
Configuration:
-	Intel i5 with 4Gb
-	Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
-	OO 3.4.0

I was unable to replicate the bug with following steps.
1.	Download templates of resume and business cards from openoffice.org. (I attached the templates I used)
2.	Open a template of resume using OOo-dev 3.4.
3.	Edit the resume in English.
4.	Export as PDF file.
5.	Mail the PDF file using Gmail to myself, the PDF file is sent as an attachment.
6.	Open the email, click ‘view’ in the attachment, check the resume using Google Docs.
=>There is no extra character on the top of the page.

I did some follow-up tests:
7.	Repeat step 1 to 6, except for step 2. Instead, open a template of business card.
8.	Repeat step 1 to 6, except for step 3. Instead, edit the resume in Chinese.
9.	Repeat step 1 to 6, using different browser IE, Chrome and Firefox to open the email and check the attachment.
10.	Change the operating system to Windows 7 Home edition x64(Chinese), repeat step 1 to 9.
=>There is no extra character on the top of the page.

The problem may be happened under old version of OOo, or under old version of Google Docs, or there is something else, such as some Chinese software installed.