Issue 117235 - English Canadian Language Dictionary Won't Install
Summary: English Canadian Language Dictionary Won't Install
Alias: None
Product: extensions
Classification: Extensions
Component: www (show other issues)
Version: current
Hardware: PC Windows 7
: P3 Normal (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Reported: 2011-03-05 14:52 UTC by lebret123
Modified: 2013-09-07 16:30 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---

Screen Capture of Installation Failure (104.79 KB, image/jpeg)
2011-03-05 14:56 UTC, lebret123
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description lebret123 2011-03-05 14:52:21 UTC
I am using OOO320m18 (Build 9502)

When I try to install the English (Canadian) language dictionary module en_CA_2_0_0.oxt I get this message: 

"This media-type is not supported: application/"

I had installed OpenOffice for the first time yesterday and it came with three language modules (English, French & Spanish)installed but they had a padlock indication when one opened the Extension Manager.  So I downloaded and installed the English Canadian language without any problem (don't know why the other modules were locked).  However an auto-update from Adobe caused my computer to fail and I had to use the Windows 7 Restore function so I lost that installation of OO and had to re-install it.  When I did that the three language modules provided on installation no longer had a padlock symbol in the Extension Manager but rather a little two-person thingy and from that point onward the English Canadian dictionary would not install.

I have tried the installation directly from the OO Extensions page and also via a down-loaded module from my hard drive.  Some result either way.
Comment 1 lebret123 2011-03-05 14:56:36 UTC
Created attachment 76018 [details]
Screen Capture of Installation Failure
Comment 2 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann 2012-06-13 12:30:40 UTC
getting rid of value "enhancement" for field "severity".
For enhancement the field "issue type" shall be used.
Comment 3 dafsafaa 2013-09-07 16:30:12 UTC
I just try it the bug is still happen