Issue 20034 - changing of data source settings should be regarded for opened database
Summary: changing of data source settings should be regarded for opened database
Alias: None
Product: Base
Classification: Application
Component: code (show other issues)
Version: OOo 1.1 RC3
Hardware: PC Windows 98
: P5 (lowest) Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
Keywords: oooqa
Depends on:
Reported: 2003-09-25 08:30 UTC by Rainer Bielefeld
Modified: 2013-02-07 22:36 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---

testfile (180 bytes, application/octet-stream)
2003-09-25 08:37 UTC, Rainer Bielefeld
no flags Details
garbage in header and fields (5.54 KB, image/png)
2003-09-25 08:41 UTC, Rainer Bielefeld
no flags Details
Correct view with new charset setting (6.48 KB, image/png)
2003-09-25 08:42 UTC, Rainer Bielefeld
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description Rainer Bielefeld 2003-09-25 08:30:30 UTC
I checked with 1.1RC3 German version WIN98SE: 645m15(Build8669) [CWS:ooo11rc3]

Actually changes in the database-settings are not regarded for a used database.

Steps to reproduce:
0. download attached DBASE-file "umlaute.dbf" 
1. open new text document
2. Add New Data Source umlaute.dbf as
   DBASE, CharacterSet"System" in a german WINDOWS version
3. Press F4 and select table
   unexpected: in the header of column 2 you will see some terrible garbage
   (might be in other localisations you might have to select some "exotic" 
    Charset to reproduce this)
4. Menu: Tools - DataSources: select data source "umlaute.dbf"
5. select "dbase"
6. select new charset "Western Europe (DOS/OS2-437/US)
7. <OK>
   expected: "German Umlaute" should be shown correctly
   actual: no changes

10. close document
11. redo 1. to 3.
    now you will see correct "German Umlaute"

Another possibility to get the changed settings to the database view would be to
press F4 to disconnect the database and then to reopen it with F4

My request: There should be a possibility to get the new settings for connected
databases with something like a "refresh button"

This is a "spin off" from issue 9859
Comment 1 Rainer Bielefeld 2003-09-25 08:32:59 UTC
Added oooqa, reduced priority

Comment 2 Rainer Bielefeld 2003-09-25 08:37:43 UTC
Created attachment 9647 [details]
Comment 3 Rainer Bielefeld 2003-09-25 08:41:53 UTC
Created attachment 9648 [details]
garbage in header and fields
Comment 4 Rainer Bielefeld 2003-09-25 08:42:21 UTC
Created attachment 9649 [details]
Correct view with new charset setting
Comment 5 marc.neumann 2003-11-04 11:49:18 UTC
It's a ENHANCEMENT so it's for
Comment 6 hans_werner67 2004-02-02 12:24:52 UTC
change subcomponent to 'none'
Comment 7 aexl 2005-03-14 23:44:13 UTC
I think in fact this is a re-statement (or just related to) of issue 9899,
"fields not updating on refresh"
Comment 8 bettina.haberer 2010-05-21 15:03:28 UTC
To grep the issues easier via "requirements" I put the issues currently lying on
my owner to the owner "requirements".