Issue 39704 - Spellchecker Languages Setting Changes Spontaneously
Summary: Spellchecker Languages Setting Changes Spontaneously
Status: CONFIRMED
Alias: None
Product: General
Classification: Code
Component: spell checking (show other issues)
Version: 3.3.0 or older (OOo)
Hardware: PC Windows XP
: P3 Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2004-12-30 16:43 UTC by trepenner
Modified: 2013-02-24 20:42 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description trepenner 2004-12-30 16:43:57 UTC
Background

This has happened several times and I can now detect and work-around it at will
but the problem must be fixed. I am using the English (Canada) dictionary with
other dictionaries also installed (not deliberately by me, but I assume by
default). The problem occurred with version 1.1.2, causing me to upgrade to
1.1.4 to see if it would be fixed. I tried removing 1.1.4 completely and then
re-installing and the problem presisted.

Details

The "default languages for documents" setting of the "Options - Language
Settings - Languages" dialog spontaneously changes from "English (Canada)" to
"none". It is detectable because I have the AutoSpellcheck feature turned "on"
and obvious spelling mistakes are not noticed. I go to the Languages dialog,
switch the setting back to "English (Canada)" and everything is fine again.

Other Info

I have tried to note any patterns in my usage that may be related to the problem
- things like, choosing suggestions for misspellings, or NOT choosing
suggestions, whatever. I have not noticed any patterns.