Issue 7732 - bugfix found: using oWindow.Enable enables all Formelements in a sheet
Summary: bugfix found: using oWindow.Enable enables all Formelements in a sheet
Status: ACCEPTED
Alias: None
Product: Base
Classification: Application
Component: code (show other issues)
Version: OOo 1.0.0
Hardware: All All
: P4 Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2002-09-15 13:18 UTC by Oliver Brinzing
Modified: 2017-05-20 10:47 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---


Attachments
FormTest for issue 7732 (7.30 KB, application/octet-stream)
2002-09-15 13:21 UTC, Oliver Brinzing
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description Oliver Brinzing 2002-09-15 13:18:43 UTC
using oWindow.Enable enables all Formelements in a sheet
even if they are set to disabled ... after changing to
another sheet and back, they are disabled again ...

Is it an update problem ?

regards

Oliver
Comment 1 Oliver Brinzing 2002-09-15 13:21:19 UTC
Created attachment 2844 [details]
FormTest for issue 7732
Comment 2 frank 2002-09-16 11:41:49 UTC
i think this one is for the API Team.

Frank
Comment 3 ooo 2002-12-17 08:55:21 UTC
implementation issue
Comment 4 Frank Schönheit 2002-12-18 08:38:42 UTC
cc'ing Malte

Malte, I darly remember that we discussed this problem some time ago,
together with Berend and his wizards.

From quickly thinking about it, I tend to saying this issue is
INVALID, because doing an Enable on the window (instead of it's model)
is not the way to do things - changes to the control have alway to be
done via the model, as the model-view-relationship is one-way: Views
update themself from changes in the model, but not the other way 'round.

This is just a quick shot currently, did not yet look into the sample
document supplied by Oliver.

(changing component/QA contact to DBA)
Comment 5 Frank Schönheit 2002-12-18 08:39:11 UTC
s/darly/darkly/
Comment 6 Oliver Brinzing 2002-12-18 13:24:44 UTC
Hi,

I would like to add that the oWindow.Enable is taken
from the Tools Library ...

Sub ToggleWindow(bDoEnable as Boolean)
  Dim oWindow as Object
  oWindow = StarDesktop.CurrentFrame.ComponentWindow
  oWindow.Enable = bDoEnable
End Sub

AFAIK the sub is used from some official templates ...

To start the demo Formtest 00.sxc, please make a 
selection from the combobox on the sheet ...

best regards

Oliver
Comment 7 Frank Schönheit 2003-01-09 16:11:00 UTC
I remember that I already discussed this long ago with Malte, and the
conclusion was that we have a conceptual problem there with our
toolkit. I change the target milestione to OOo 2.0, because I am not
remotely clear about how we could fix this, but it would most probably
require massive changes.
Comment 8 Oliver Brinzing 2003-05-09 10:13:40 UTC
Hi,

I think I found a temporary bugfix that seems to work at the
moment, even if some parts of the sheet are fixed/frozen ...

oWindow = StarDesktop.CurrentFrame.ComponentWindow

oWindow.Enable = False		' disable the window

[do something]

oView = StarDesktop.CurrentFrame.Controller

oData = oView.getViewData()	' first save the view data ...
oWindow.Enable = True		' than enable the window again ...
oView.restoreViewData(oData)	' after restoring the view data, the
formelements 
				' are displayed correct  ...

' make the window invalide, this seems to be necessary if
' you used a StatusIndicator in the [do something] block,
' otherwise the StatusIndicator will be displayed even 
' after it has been stopped ...

oWindow.invalidate(com.sun.star.awt.InvalidateStyle.CHILDREN)


best regards

Oliver
Comment 9 marc.neumann 2003-09-16 10:40:01 UTC
"According to the OpenOffice.org roadmap
(http://tools.openoffice.org/releases) this issue was retargeted to
OOo Later." 
Comment 10 Frank Schönheit 2003-10-13 11:26:04 UTC
accepting
Comment 11 hans_werner67 2004-02-02 12:58:15 UTC
change subcomponent to 'none'
Comment 12 Oliver Brinzing 2006-02-17 13:08:27 UTC
Hi,

it seems this issue has been fixed in oo 2.0 ... (try the attachment)
at least i can not verify it with oo 2.0.2. rc

but it's still in so 7.0 pu 6 ...
cause i do not think one will fix it for so 7.0, 

it should be closed ... :-)


Oliver
Comment 13 Oliver Brinzing 2009-05-19 06:29:53 UTC
as mentioned above this issue has been fixed - please close it
Comment 14 Marcus 2017-05-20 10:47:41 UTC
Reset assigne to the default "issues@openoffice.apache.org".