Issue 78955 - Creation of superfluous indices by change tracking / highlighting
Summary: Creation of superfluous indices by change tracking / highlighting
Alias: None
Product: Writer
Classification: Application
Component: editing (show other issues)
Version: 680m215
Hardware: All Windows Server 2003
: P2 Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Reported: 2007-06-27 17:27 UTC by svante.schubert
Modified: 2013-08-07 14:44 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---

Dokument with change tracking (61.54 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2007-06-27 17:29 UTC, svante.schubert
no flags Details
Bug document shows root cause (7.65 KB, application/vnd.sun.xml.writer)
2007-12-11 14:09 UTC, andreas.martens
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description svante.schubert 2007-06-27 17:27:49 UTC
Load the attached test document, search for the word "must" from the line
"All implementations must preserve any xml:id attribute and its value when
present on any of the elements listed in 1.4.3.."

Replacing it with shall and saving the document brought the office into a loop.
Comment 1 svante.schubert 2007-06-27 17:29:01 UTC
Created attachment 46320 [details]
Dokument with change tracking
Comment 2 svante.schubert 2007-06-27 18:14:29 UTC
On the same day earlier I did a search and replace with highlighting of a part
of an indexed field. I removed the brackets around 
e.g. changed <odf:package> to odf:package
I can found thousands text:alphabetical-index-mark-start/end elements
surrounding these brackets, mainly the closing one.
Comment 3 Mathias_Bauer 2007-12-04 11:57:04 UTC
loop -> P2
Comment 4 andreas.martens 2007-12-11 14:09:43 UTC
Created attachment 50232 [details]
Bug document shows root cause
Comment 5 andreas.martens 2007-12-11 14:18:24 UTC
I could _not_ reproduce a loop, but it takes quiet a while until the document
has been saved.
The original document contains a lot of unnecessary 'alphabetical entries' in
the change tracking part of the content.xml.
Every saving adds more such entries into the content.xml and make the saving
more slower (until it feels like a loop). I was able to reproduce this behavior
from the beginning with the newly attached bug document.
Every save and reload will add more entries to the document:
1. Open document
2. Update index
3. Save docuemnt
4. Reload document
5. Proceed with 2.

You will see that the entries becomes more and more.
This problem has been in OOo1.x from the beginning and need to be fixed...