Issue 88470 - Default lang not used when needed in localized dialogs
Summary: Default lang not used when needed in localized dialogs
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: General
Classification: Code
Component: ui (show other issues)
Version: OOo 2.4.0
Hardware: All Windows XP
: P3 Trivial with 4 votes (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2008-04-19 14:20 UTC by bmarcelly
Modified: 2014-01-31 10:27 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---


Attachments
Extension for Calc, Draw, Impress. Needs OOo 2.4.0 minimum (118.34 KB, application/vnd.openofficeorg.extension)
2008-04-19 14:21 UTC, bmarcelly
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description bmarcelly 2008-04-19 14:20:07 UTC
I am currently testing a multi-lingual extension : MultiPages, see next attachment.
It contains dialogs localized to German, English(default), French, Spanish.

If I set the UI language to one of these languages, the dialog strings are in the 
correct language.
If I set the UI language to Italian (there is no localized strings for this language) 
the dialogs appear in German ! They should appear in English.

How to reproduce (needs OOo 2.4.0 or later):
Set UI to English
Install the extension MultiPages.
Open a new Calc document.
Open Tools > Add-on > Page handling > Display sheet : dialog strings are in english
Set UI to a language different from en, fr, de, es. Example : Italian
Close OpenOffice.
Open a new Calc document.
Open Tools > Add-on > Page handling > Display sheet : dialog strings are in german
Comment 1 bmarcelly 2008-04-19 14:21:21 UTC
Created attachment 53028 [details]
Extension for Calc, Draw, Impress. Needs OOo 2.4.0 minimum
Comment 2 poxi1023 2008-10-16 05:42:48 UTC
Confirmed on OOo 2.4.1 with Kubuntu 8.04 (spanish): An extension with
English(default), Spanish and German shows the correct language among these. If
I set OOo UI language to Portuguese(Brazil), the extension shows up in Spanish,
not in the default English.
Comment 3 poxi1023 2008-10-16 06:08:50 UTC
Confirmed on OOo 3.0.0 m9 (Build 9358) with Kubuntu 8.04 (spanish): An extension
with English(default), Spanish and German shows the correct language among
these. I set OOo UI language now to Dutch (Netherlands), and the extension still
shows up in Spanish, not in the default English.
Comment 4 poxi1023 2008-10-16 06:24:32 UTC
P.D.: In both, OOo 2.4 and 3.0, even though the extension wrongly shows up in
Spanish, the extension help shows up in English, as expected.
Comment 5 deye 2009-07-20 07:34:30 UTC
issue 102816
Comment 6 Edwin Sharp 2014-01-31 10:27:05 UTC
With Hungarian, dialog in English

AOO401m5(Build:9714)  -  Rev. 1524958
2013-09-20 11:40:29 (Fr, 20 Sep 2013)
Win 7