Issue 89667 - WW8: Bibus fields in .doc not imported at all
Summary: WW8: Bibus fields in .doc not imported at all
Alias: None
Product: Writer
Classification: Application
Component: open-import (show other issues)
Version: OOo 2.4.0
Hardware: All All
: P4 Trivial with 15 votes (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
Keywords: regression
: 95931 111684 (view as issue list)
Depends on: 61075
  Show dependency tree
Reported: 2008-05-20 07:33 UTC by brendel
Modified: 2017-05-20 11:17 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---

.doc file created with Word 2003 including fields from Bibus that are not shown when imported in OO2.4 (27.00 KB, application/msword)
2008-05-20 07:35 UTC, brendel
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description brendel 2008-05-20 07:33:50 UTC
This bug is similar to 61075 but was not resolved when 61075 was resolved in
002.4 : 

Bibus is a free, open bibliographic database program
( that can interact both with MS
Word and OO. The interaction with both programmes works slightly differently. 
The problem is that when references and bibliographies are inserted into a .doc
document using Word and Bibus and then this .doc file is opened using OO2.4, the
fields have disappeared, they are not even imported as simple text. This is a
regression as at least the simple text-importation has worked in older versions
of OO (see 61075 for this). 
I have attached a .doc file that has been created with Word 2003 and Bibus. When
opened using OO2.4, one can see that neither the inserted citations nor the
bibliography is shown (i have also tried this with word 2000 with the same
result). The result (not showing the fields even as text) is the same if OO is
run on a computer where MSWord is installed or if OO runs on a computer where
MSWord has never been installed. I mention this as somebody else had commented
for bug 61075 that this was the case.

Thanks in advance for having a look at this. Bibus is a really good
bibliographic software and more and more widely used, but one of the few
handicaps it has is that one cannot switch between Word and OO without loosing
the bibliographic information. It would be a good sign if one of the biggest
open software projects existing makes an effort to help other, smaller open
software projects that have less resources.

Comment 1 brendel 2008-05-20 07:35:25 UTC
Created attachment 53782 [details]
.doc file created with Word 2003 including fields from Bibus that are not shown when imported in OO2.4
Comment 2 michael.ruess 2008-05-20 10:01:47 UTC
Again, there are field types which could not be depicted in OO Writer. But at
least these should be imported a plain text (like it has been implemented with
issue 61075 for the "Endnote" fields).
In OO 2.0.0 this worked fine, broke in OO 2.0.1 like the document from issue 61075.
Comment 3 openoffice 2008-05-30 15:23:20 UTC
reset target due to lack of resources
Comment 4 debyld 2008-06-02 00:37:32 UTC

I hope you realize that this problem also affects being able to import Word
documents that contain citations where EndNote has being used; As wells as any
others that use XML in Word fields. 

I'd put this in as a separate issue but it looks like is be the same problem
i.e. fields from Word containing XML are stripped.
Comment 5 michael.ruess 2008-11-27 15:44:28 UTC
*** Issue 95931 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 6 debyld 2009-05-14 08:52:31 UTC
This has been an open issue for quite sometime now. Can someone please advise
when this might be resolved as it is still a problem even in OOo 3.0.
Comment 7 openoffice 2009-05-14 09:13:55 UTC
Resources remain restricted. At the moment I cannot say when I will have time for this issue. But, you may

- find more people to vote for this issue
- find a community member to fix this issue. If he has commit rights he can commit his fix himself. 
Otherwise he can propose a patch in this issue.
Comment 8 Mathias_Bauer 2011-02-17 15:18:01 UTC
According to our new regression issue handling for the 3.4 relrease the field
priority is now used as the order we want to work on them, no longer as a
"severity". The high number of regressions in the WW8 filters makes it necessary
to prioritize them as we won't be able to fix all of them for 3.4. We decided to
first focus on the export. Thus most regressions in the import filter now get
priority "P4", what means that they will be reevaluated in the next release cycle.
Comment 9 michael.ruess 2011-03-22 12:16:11 UTC
*** Issue 111684 has been marked as a duplicate of this issue. ***
Comment 10 Marcus 2017-05-20 11:17:59 UTC
Reset assigne to the default "".