Issue 92972 - framework: incredibly suspicious ";" location
Summary: framework: incredibly suspicious ";" location
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: General
Classification: Code
Component: code (show other issues)
Version: DEV300m29
Hardware: All Linux, all
: P3 Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: OOo 3.1
Assignee: carsten.driesner
QA Contact: issues@framework
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: 92941
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2008-08-20 23:09 UTC by caolanm
Modified: 2009-04-28 13:58 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: PATCH
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---


Attachments
patch to fix (755 bytes, patch)
2008-08-20 23:10 UTC, caolanm
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description caolanm 2008-08-20 23:09:47 UTC
see
ConfigurationAccess_UIElementFactoryManager::getAllFactories() in
framework/source/uifactory/uielementfactorymanager.cxx

while ( pIter != m_aUIElementFactoryManagerMap.end() );
{
    aSeq[nIndex++] = pIter->second;
    ++pIter;
}

there's surely no way in hell this is what's intended
Comment 1 caolanm 2008-08-20 23:10:07 UTC
Created attachment 55900 [details]
patch to fix
Comment 2 caolanm 2008-08-20 23:11:45 UTC
FWIW: if the patch is acceptable I can take it into cmcfixes49
Comment 3 mst.ooo 2008-08-21 09:43:39 UTC
hi cmc,

i was just noticing that you filed a couple such issues, and wondering how you
found these?

of course to me these issues are just further evidence that c syntax is just
plain evil... 

"If I were going to write the Ten Golden Rules of Software, the top of
 the list would be: Error Prone == Evil
 Although this concept is obvious to 99.999% of the general population,
 it's only accepted by 2% of computer programmers. The remaining 98%
 subscribe to a competing philosophy, namely: "Error Prone = Manly".
 Never mind that they just assigned "Manly" to the variable "Error Prone",
 and the expression always returns true; that happens to be the correct
 value in this case, so it's an acceptable hack." -- Steve Yegge


oh, and mba is on vacation util end of august.
Comment 4 caolanm 2008-08-21 10:00:25 UTC
See the parent issue, I'm just running through the warnings listed by our shiny
new compiler, fixing the trivial ones and putting out notices for the
non-trivial ones.
Comment 5 Mathias_Bauer 2008-09-01 12:11:54 UTC
Carsten, please take over. I assume the patch is correct ;-) but perhaps you
want to think about the possible consequences of it as most obviously it was
supposed to do something. ;-)
Comment 6 carsten.driesner 2008-09-02 08:00:44 UTC
cd->cmc: Thanks for the patch. Yes, that's definitely a typo and no way
intended. Fortunately this method is seldom, may be currently never used.
Comment 7 carsten.driesner 2008-09-11 14:51:34 UTC
cd: Patch accepted and applied.
Comment 8 carsten.driesner 2008-12-12 13:08:14 UTC
cd: Verified.
Comment 9 dtardon 2009-04-28 13:58:45 UTC
seen in DEV300_m46 and OOO310_m11