Apache OpenOffice (AOO) Bugzilla – Full Text Issue Listing
|Summary:||Find and Replace not accepting direct inputing of unicode characters|
|Component:||code||Assignee:||AOO issues mailing list <issues>|
|Status:||CONFIRMED ---||QA Contact:|
|Issue Type:||ENHANCEMENT||Latest Confirmation in:||---|
Description hwtan 2004-07-07 05:24:26 UTC
In the Find and Replace dialogue box, unicode characters through an Asian language IME are not accepted. One has to type the unicode characters in the word processor then cut(or copy) and paste into the "search for" and "replace with" boxes. I notice that many other applications, including the M$, also lack of this feature. This feature is needed not only for Writer, but also for the spreadsheet, presentation and all the other components.
Comment 1 michael.ruess 2004-07-07 11:33:22 UTC
reassigned to BH.
Comment 2 hwtan 2004-07-16 07:20:12 UTC
Similar feature is required for the other dialog boxes, such as the Autocorrect-replace etc. Thank you for looking into it. Regards.
Comment 3 hwtan 2004-12-07 03:57:31 UTC
Is OOo v.2 heading to same direction too? I mean all dialogue boxes such as find, or even the input line of the Calc, will all these become full unicode supported?
Comment 4 hwtan 2004-12-07 06:29:35 UTC
Sorry for part of the last posting, I just find out that the input line in Calc is a different issue and has been resolved stated in issue 17404.
Comment 5 hwtan 2005-03-22 08:49:58 UTC
I have found my problem of unable to enter unicode characters into the find and replace dialogue and other boxes in OOo. The problem is in fact due to the Chinese IME that I am using. My IME (Twinbridge 5.0) is unable to find the windows class of the box, which is SalSubFrame instead of SalFrame. I have resolved the problem by adding SALSUBFRAME=2 into the [Unicode Window class] in the Twin40.ini of the Chinese IME. So, sorry for the false issue report. you may close the issue.
Comment 6 bettina.haberer 2010-05-21 14:46:06 UTC
To grep the issues easier via "requirements" I put the issues currently lying on my owner to the owner "requirements".