Issue 31172 - Find and Replace not accepting direct inputing of unicode characters
Summary: Find and Replace not accepting direct inputing of unicode characters
Alias: None
Product: Writer
Classification: Application
Component: code (show other issues)
Version: OOo 1.1.2
Hardware: All All
: P3 Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Reported: 2004-07-07 05:24 UTC by hwtan
Modified: 2013-02-07 22:38 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description hwtan 2004-07-07 05:24:26 UTC
In the Find and Replace dialogue box, unicode characters through an Asian
language IME are not accepted. One has to type the unicode characters in the
word processor then cut(or copy) and paste into the "search for" and "replace
with" boxes. I notice that many other applications, including the M$, also lack
of this feature.

This feature is needed not only for Writer, but also for the spreadsheet,
presentation and all the other components.
Comment 1 michael.ruess 2004-07-07 11:33:22 UTC
reassigned to BH.
Comment 2 hwtan 2004-07-16 07:20:12 UTC
Similar feature is required for the other dialog boxes, such as the
Autocorrect-replace etc.

Thank you for looking into it.

Comment 3 hwtan 2004-12-07 03:57:31 UTC
Is OOo v.2 heading to same direction too? I mean all dialogue boxes such as
find, or even the input line of the Calc, will all these become full unicode
Comment 4 hwtan 2004-12-07 06:29:35 UTC
Sorry for part of the last posting, I just find out that the input line in Calc
is a different issue and has been resolved stated in issue 17404.
Comment 5 hwtan 2005-03-22 08:49:58 UTC
I have found my problem of unable to enter unicode characters into the find and
replace dialogue and other boxes in OOo. The problem is in fact due to the
Chinese IME that I am using. My IME (Twinbridge 5.0) is unable to find the
windows class of the box, which is SalSubFrame instead of SalFrame. I have
resolved the problem by adding SALSUBFRAME=2 into the [Unicode Window class] in
the Twin40.ini of the Chinese IME.

So, sorry for the false issue report. you may close the issue.
Comment 6 bettina.haberer 2010-05-21 14:46:06 UTC
To grep the issues easier via "requirements" I put the issues currently lying on
my owner to the owner "requirements".