Issue 111757 - Cannot install my extension in shared mode
Summary: Cannot install my extension in shared mode
Alias: None
Product: extensions
Classification: Extensions
Component: www (show other issues)
Version: current
Hardware: PC Windows 7
: P2 Trivial with 2 votes (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Reported: 2010-05-21 16:02 UTC by wolfgangunger
Modified: 2019-10-08 18:45 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---

Extension that is problematic (96.39 KB, application/x-compressed)
2010-05-25 08:53 UTC, wolfgangunger
no flags Details
Sources to DLL (Visual Studio 2008, C++) (88.11 KB, application/x-compressed)
2010-05-25 09:36 UTC, wolfgangunger
no flags Details
Error when "only for me" installation (22.57 KB, image/png)
2019-10-08 15:07 UTC, oooforum (fr)
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description wolfgangunger 2010-05-21 16:02:55 UTC
Only under Win7 + Vista - with WinXP (SP2) no problem

Our extension consists of one XCU + one RDB + 1 DLL (written in C++). I tried 
both the 'old-style' ZIP-format and the newer OXT-package (as recommended in 
latest SDK)

If I add the component for the current user only -> no problem, works fine.

If I end SOFFICE.BIN and call "unopkg add goalcomponent.oxt --shared -v" (form 
shell with admin-priviliges) then I see that both the XCU and the RDB get 
registered correcly, but the DLL not. unopkg starts unopkg.exe starts 
unopkg.bin and that calls uno.exe - this process now hangs / loops, processor 
is quite busi. 

Debugging does not help, the factory gets called and seems to work fine.

The same effect in OO3.2 (final), too.

Internally we use C# in internal code so that .net-runtime gets started during 
calls to the factury, thus during registration of the extension - but that 
workes in WinXP fine without problems.

Any ideas how to fix this???? Please help....

Best regards
Wolfgang Unger, DATEV eG
Comment 1 Olaf Felka 2010-05-21 16:19:23 UTC
q jsk: Please have a look.
Comment 2 joerg.skottke 2010-05-25 06:47:05 UTC
It would be very helpful if we could get a sample extension to reproduce the
problem, ideally the extension that uncovered the issue,

I lower the priority to 2.
Comment 3 joerg.skottke 2010-05-25 06:48:41 UTC
@JL: Do you possibly have an idea what might go wrong here?
Comment 4 joachim.lingner 2010-05-25 08:34:50 UTC
No. The best thing would we be to strip down the extension, so that one can
still reproduce the problem, and attach it to the issue.
Comment 5 wolfgangunger 2010-05-25 08:53:57 UTC
Created attachment 69613 [details]
Extension that is problematic
Comment 6 wolfgangunger 2010-05-25 09:13:29 UTC
The last upload is the extension that does not work with WinVista and Win7 (but 
it works with WinXP without problems). Currently I try to get the sources into 
our internet-segment so that I can attach them, too. Please be patient, hope to 
succeed there soon...
Comment 7 wolfgangunger 2010-05-25 09:36:19 UTC
Created attachment 69616 [details]
Sources to DLL (Visual Studio 2008, C++)
Comment 8 wolfgangunger 2010-05-25 09:38:12 UTC
The sources are now available, too. This code is only a wrapper (or entry-
point) for our 'real' functionality that is written in C#. If you need further 
information please don't hesitate to ask...
Comment 9 hans_werner67 2011-03-28 11:57:56 UTC
Assign to new default-assignee
Comment 10 oooforum (fr) 2019-10-08 15:07:52 UTC
Created attachment 86744 [details]
Error when "only for me" installation

Well, your OXT don't install through Extension Manager and "Only for me" choice. 

Test under Win7 x64 pro and AOO 4.1.7.
Comment 11 oooforum (fr) 2019-10-08 15:10:14 UTC
For me, this is not a AOO problem side