Issue 114573 - Links broken in exported PDF
Summary: Links broken in exported PDF
Alias: None
Product: gsl
Classification: Code
Component: code (show other issues)
Version: OOO320m18
Hardware: PC (x86_64) Linux, all
: P3 Trivial with 2 votes (vote)
Target Milestone: OOo 3.x
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Reported: 2010-09-17 14:48 UTC by afx
Modified: 2013-07-30 02:20 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---

Click on the image to go to slide 3, it does not work after exporting to pdf (13.70 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation)
2011-04-11 16:46 UTC, hulin.thibaud
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description afx 2010-09-17 14:48:24 UTC
Internal and external hyperlinks are broken in PDF export (Windows and Linux).

Source document is a master with 15 child documents resulting in about 205 final
pages (A5).
Most documents contain embedded images (in Frames anchored to paragraphs
(verified by checking the internal XML code)).
The document contains many named references across the sub-documents as well as
external links.

When the master is updated, all links work just fine within OO.
When exporting to an ODT from the master, all links work just fine in the
exported ODT.

When exporting to PDF either from the master or from the previously exported ODT
links are broken.
This starts with the TOC where initial entries have working links and an later
entries have links that are off.
Initial pages have other internal links that work, later pages don't even show
the links anymore (cursor does not change shape) irregardless of the link type
(reference or external hyperlink).

So far I have been unable to reproduce in a small sample doc. The doc in
question is an unpublished book, so I can not upload it here.

I am desperately looking for ways to diagnose this further.
Comment 1 philipp.lohmann 2010-09-20 09:56:59 UTC
Please attach a sample document reproducing the problem if you can find one.
Comment 2 afx 2010-09-21 13:56:14 UTC
Well, if I had a simple testcase that I could attach I would ;-(

I created abridged files from the originals and then started to replace the big
ones with the small ones starting with the last chapter file of the sequence.
Once the problem started to disappear, I took the last big file that seemed to
have caused the problem as a single ODT and converted that.
No issues with that one used singly. 
Then I started to add the big ones back apart from this one that seems to be the
A few files further down before I could replace all of the small ones with the
real ones I encountered the problem again.

So this continued for a while. Even totally trivial text only sub-documents
manage to trigger the problem once the overall complexity of the document is
high enough.

Is there no way to trace this via some form of logging? 

Comment 3 philipp.lohmann 2010-09-21 14:18:48 UTC
No, there isn#t, sorry.
Comment 4 afx 2010-09-21 14:22:53 UTC
Took the master file, ripped out all slave docs, created one abridged slave doc
with an image and local image references.
Copied that 150 times and then created a link from the first to the last.
The exported PDF worked like a charm.
So it is probably not the number of files, pages or links in total that causes this.
Comment 5 philipp.lohmann 2011-02-08 14:32:27 UTC
Resetting target accroding to new task handling scheme announced here:
Comment 6 hulin.thibaud 2011-04-11 16:46:05 UTC
Created attachment 76350 [details]
Click on the image to go to slide 3, it does not work after exporting to pdf
Comment 7 hulin.thibaud 2011-04-11 16:50:19 UTC
I have a similar problem, intern links with images work fine in openoffice, not in a pdf reader...
Comment 8 Rob Weir 2013-07-30 02:20:27 UTC
Reset assignee on issues not touched by assignee in more than 2000 days.