Issue 125598 - Renumbering problems in master document
Summary: Renumbering problems in master document
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Alias: None
Product: Writer
Classification: Application
Component: code (show other issues)
Version: 4.1.1
Hardware: PC Windows 7
: P3 Normal (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-09-08 12:39 UTC by Darius Daniel Grigoras
Modified: 2014-09-08 17:17 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---


Attachments
sample master document (549.89 KB, application/zip)
2014-09-08 12:39 UTC, Darius Daniel Grigoras
no flags Details
Screenshot of the pictures. (41.56 KB, image/png)
2014-09-08 15:51 UTC, Regina Henschel
no flags Details
Screenshots proving the bug (989.45 KB, image/png)
2014-09-08 16:05 UTC, Darius Daniel Grigoras
no flags Details
sample files v2 proving the issue (906.90 KB, application/zip)
2014-09-08 16:54 UTC, Darius Daniel Grigoras
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description Darius Daniel Grigoras 2014-09-08 12:39:02 UTC
Hi,

For some reason figure numbers are no longer renumbered with respect to their order in the master document. In the sample files attached and also uploaded on Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/s/4100misqxkhxmtd/sample%20files.zip?dl=0) you will see that in the master document, Figure 1 from Subdocument 2, instead of being renumbered as Figure 2 is still Figure 1 in the master document despite being preceded in the master document by Figure 1 from Subdocument 1.
What could be causing this problem?
Comment 1 Darius Daniel Grigoras 2014-09-08 12:39:50 UTC
Created attachment 83941 [details]
sample master document
Comment 2 Regina Henschel 2014-09-08 15:19:47 UTC
I cannot confirm it. The numbers are correct here. I version 4.1.1 on Windows 7. Do you have "update links" when opening the master document?

You have selected version=4.1.0. If that selection is correct, you should update your OpenOffice to the current version 4.1.1.
Comment 3 Darius Daniel Grigoras 2014-09-08 15:26:36 UTC
I am actually using version 4.1.1. I guess that was a "typo".

With regard to your inability to confirm this bug I would advise you to pay attention that the name of Figure 1 in Subdocument 2 is "Picture 2". Don't confuse the field number and the number in the name. Check if "Figure 1: Picture 2" in Subdocument 2 becomes "Figure 2: Picture 2" in the master document.
Comment 4 Darius Daniel Grigoras 2014-09-08 15:42:51 UTC
Very strange! I now noticed that the figure number is updated after a minute or so and that the correct number is displayed after the mentioned delay time, but this is only happening in the sample master document, not in the real master document I'm using.

This is perplexing.
Comment 5 Regina Henschel 2014-09-08 15:51:27 UTC
Created attachment 83942 [details]
Screenshot of the pictures.

I've checked that the number range is adapted, see screenshot. Do you have confirmed "update all links" when opening the master document?
Comment 6 Darius Daniel Grigoras 2014-09-08 16:05:38 UTC
Created attachment 83943 [details]
Screenshots proving the bug
Comment 7 Darius Daniel Grigoras 2014-09-08 16:07:37 UTC
Yeah, I repeatedly hit update all, i.e. when the document was first opened and upon seeing that the numbering is wrong.

I also uploaded some merged screenshots proving that the figures are incorrectly numbered in the original master document I'm working on.
Comment 8 Darius Daniel Grigoras 2014-09-08 16:54:55 UTC
Created attachment 83944 [details]
sample files v2 proving the issue
Comment 9 Darius Daniel Grigoras 2014-09-08 16:57:11 UTC
I've added another version of the master document I'm working on, stripped of all confidential and proprietary information.

Try to confirm the issue with this sample.
Comment 10 Darius Daniel Grigoras 2014-09-08 17:17:44 UTC
Just noticed that somehow, the number for figure 1 is not a field, at least not in version 2, that is the one fully based on the original documents, but just plain text. I'll have to check if this may be the case with some of the other hundreds of figures from the other subdocuments as this was not an isolated case, the numbering offset increasing illogically.