Issue 128049 - Error opening file from Samba share
Summary: Error opening file from Samba share
Status: REOPENED
Alias: None
Product: General
Classification: Code
Component: ui (show other issues)
Version: 4.1.5
Hardware: All Linux 64-bit
: P5 (lowest) Normal with 1 vote (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2019-02-28 17:37 UTC by Pedro
Modified: 2019-10-13 13:32 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: 4.1.7
Developer Difficulty: ---


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description Pedro 2019-02-28 17:37:16 UTC
Opening any file by association (i.e. start AOO by double click on any file associated with the suite) fails with message "General input/output error while accessing <filename>"

An example of a filename that causes this error
/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server=cripsul,share=publica/folder/file.xls

However opening the same file using the system or the OpenOffice dialogs works as expected

This problem is specific for AOO. I can open any other file by association (eg. pdf, txt, etc)
Comment 1 Peter 2019-02-28 21:46:26 UTC
Forum is a better resource then the developer Issue tracker.
You might want to check the general Ideas on this thread maybe:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36661

If that does not help please open a new thread on the Forums. Thanks.
I close the Issue in order to keep track on Code oriented Issues ;) We have plenty of those.

All the Best
Peter
Comment 2 Matthias Seidel 2019-10-12 17:39:47 UTC
This really is a longstanding bug.

It will never get fixed when we simply ignore it.
Comment 3 Pedro 2019-10-13 13:15:38 UTC
(In reply to Peter from comment #1)

> I close the Issue in order to keep track on Code oriented Issues

Apache OpenOffice is the ONLY software running on my system that DOES NOT open files by association.

In fact I can open any Open Documents located on the Samba folder by association using LibreOffice, so I believe this proves it is an Apache OpenOffice issue.

I'm taking the liberty of Reopening the issue because the issue still occurs on version 4.1.7 and I believe it was a misinterpretation of my original post.