Issue 54051 - WW8: obsolete tabstop in TOC imported; distorts TOC view on update
Summary: WW8: obsolete tabstop in TOC imported; distorts TOC view on update
Alias: None
Product: Writer
Classification: Application
Component: editing (show other issues)
Version: OOo 2.0 Beta
Hardware: All All
: P3 Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: AOO issues mailing list
QA Contact:
Keywords: needmoreinfo
Depends on:
Reported: 2005-08-31 18:22 UTC by rvolke
Modified: 2017-05-20 11:20 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---

Document where TOC is corrupted upon clicking update index (27.29 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2005-08-31 18:25 UTC, rvolke
no flags Details
The original Word Template (document) used (57.00 KB, application/msword)
2005-09-02 21:35 UTC, rvolke
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description rvolke 2005-08-31 18:22:59 UTC
I am currently working with OO version 109 on an NT machine.  I am working on a 
doc whose TOC was originally created in Microsoft but I have been editing and 
saving the document as an OpenOffice text document (.odt).  Everything was 
saving fine but when I update the index the entries now take up 2 to 3 lines 
instead of just one (it places the periods sepperating page number and heading 
on a sepperate line).  How can I correct this problem, and what exactly is 
going on?  It didn't do this at first.  I've attached the TOC of my example 
document for reference. 

I'm also haveing the problem where the TOC entries (in the attached document) 
for Revision History and Table of Contents, are duplicated (you may see two to 
three copies of these when you update the index.  This happens less frequently 
but for the documents it happens in I have found no way to alleviate the 
problem.  If I delete the extras and save the document, then click update index 
again, the duplicates return (however if I hit update, without deleting them, 
they will not continue to duplicate).  Thank you for your help,
Comment 1 rvolke 2005-08-31 18:25:00 UTC
Created attachment 29218 [details]
Document where TOC is corrupted upon clicking update index
Comment 2 michael.ruess 2005-09-01 08:27:12 UTC
Reassigned to ES.
Comment 3 eric.savary 2005-09-01 11:21:32 UTC
Please only submit 1 problem perissue.

1) I don't know why there are 2 tab stops definition in your TOC. Simply remvoe
the first one and keep the second one with the option [X] Right align.

2) On the 1st tabpage of the TOC dialog, click on [...] in front of "Additional
styles" and reset the "Heading... NON TOC" back to no level.

For problem 1, it would be usefull to have the original Word document to see if
the 2 tabs are the reslut of an import/export problem.
Comment 4 rvolke 2005-09-02 21:35:43 UTC
Created attachment 29286 [details]
The original Word Template (document) used
Comment 5 eric.savary 2005-09-12 10:50:37 UTC
ES->MRU: problem 1 = WOrd export problem. Please have a look.
Comment 6 michael.ruess 2006-01-10 15:57:14 UTC
MRU->FLR: in the TOC, there is an obsolete tabstop (when viewing in the TOC
dialog, at the end of each level of the entries). When saving the document as
odt and reopening, it will make the TOC look bad when updating.
Comment 7 Mathias_Bauer 2006-08-30 14:55:26 UTC
assigned to hbrinkm
Comment 8 ace_dent 2008-05-15 14:23:57 UTC
This Issue requires more information ('needmoreinfo'), but has not been updated
within the last year. Please re-test with one of the latest versions of OOo -
the problem(s) may have already been addressed. Either use the recent stable
or consider trying the new OOo 3 BETA (still in testing):
Please report back the outcome so this Issue may be closed or progressed as
necessary - otherwise it may be Resolved as Invalid in the future. You may also
wish to search for (and note) any duplicates of this Issue that may have
advanced further :
Cleaning-up and Closing old Issues as part of:
~ The Grand Bug Squash, pre v3 ~
Comment 9 Marcus 2017-05-20 11:20:10 UTC
Reset assigne to the default "".