Issue 81637 - AOO filepicker: Replace column header "Title" by "Name"
Summary: AOO filepicker: Replace column header "Title" by "Name"
Alias: None
Product: General
Classification: Code
Component: code (show other issues)
Version: OOo 2.3.0 RC1
Hardware: All All
: P4 Trivial (vote)
Target Milestone: 4.2.0
Assignee: Driss
QA Contact:
Depends on:
Blocks: NameInstead
  Show dependency tree
Reported: 2007-09-17 09:56 UTC by Oliver Brinzing
Modified: 2015-09-07 21:41 UTC (History)
7 users (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: DEFECT
Latest Confirmation in: 4.2.0-dev
Developer Difficulty: Easy

patch for fileview (1.20 KB, patch)
2015-04-05 12:47 UTC, Driss
driss.zoubeir: review?
arielch: review+
Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description Oliver Brinzing 2007-09-17 09:56:38 UTC

i just noticed, that the oo filepicker has the column header
"Title" for the first column with the file names instead of "Name"

for Example, Windows Explorers has "Name" and shows the file names ....
This seems to be correct ...

Comment 1 kpalagin 2008-01-24 08:26:04 UTC
With 2.4m4 on WinXP - as described.
Comment 2 Oliver Brinzing 2009-05-19 12:34:14 UTC
confirmed with oo 3.1
Comment 3 Rainer Bielefeld 2014-04-26 06:30:15 UTC
With OOo 1.1.5 _English_ UI  the Column Heading still was "Name" (now: Titel"). It seems OOo 1 used some OS terms?
Comment 4 Driss 2015-04-04 18:19:41 UTC
please assign this issue to me!
Comment 5 Ariel Constenla-Haile 2015-04-05 11:35:08 UTC
(In reply to Driss from comment #4)
> please assign this issue to me!

Done. Please change to ACCEPTED when you start working on it.
Comment 6 Driss 2015-04-05 12:47:22 UTC
Created attachment 84633 [details]
patch for fileview

attached is the patch for fileview.src located here:

there is one other file called fileview.src located here:
what does this file do?
Comment 7 Ariel Constenla-Haile 2015-04-05 13:14:03 UTC
(In reply to Driss from comment #6)
> /source/aoo-trunk/main/solver/420/
> source/contnr/
> what does this file do?

The solver is where all build artifacts go.

In modules based on the old dmake build environment, things are built inside the module, and delivered to the solver. For example, sc.

cd trunk/main/sc

"build" output is in sc/
"deliver" copies the output to the solver, following the rules in sc/prj/d.lst

In modules based on the newer gmake build environment, things are built on the solver, in the folder solver/<420>/<>/workdir/
What you can find in main/solver/420/unxlngx6/workdir/SrsPartTarget/svtools/source/contnr/fileview.src is the file from the source tree after some processing by the different build tools (the identifier is replaced by a numeric value, translation are merged, etc.)
You don't need to touch that file, as it the result of running make inside svtools.
Comment 8 Driss 2015-04-05 13:16:59 UTC
thank you for the explanation :)
Comment 9 Ariel Constenla-Haile 2015-04-05 13:27:09 UTC
(In reply to Driss from comment #6)
> Created attachment 84633 [details]
> patch for fileview

The patch looks good.
Are you contributing it under the Apache License v. 2.0 [1]?

Comment 10 Driss 2015-04-05 14:27:13 UTC
I think I must use this license: The original file is under the Apache License, Version 2.0
Concerning the patch file I think I have used bad filename: fileview_sicherung.src (backup) is actually the original file.
Comment 11 Ariel Constenla-Haile 2015-04-05 15:27:39 UTC
Comment on attachment 84633 [details]
patch for fileview

The patch looks good.
Thanks for your contribution.
Comment 12 Ariel Constenla-Haile 2015-04-05 15:31:34 UTC
Fixed on trunk by Driss with revision 1671401
Comment 13 Oliver Brinzing 2015-04-06 13:44:40 UTC
this fix does not affect localized builds, e.g. "de" shows still "Titel" instead of "Name"
Comment 14 Andrea Pescetti 2015-04-06 14:06:32 UTC
Oliver: string fixes for localized builds follow another workflow. Basically, this issue is OK as it is (and I would consider it fixed). Then, at a certain point in time, we will update Pootle with the new (and modified) English strings and this one will be there; translators will localize it; the SDF files in the source code will then be updated and localized builds will display the new strings.

But this is all part of the normal localization process, so the issue in itself is fixed.
Comment 15 Ariel Constenla-Haile 2015-04-06 14:37:13 UTC